• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Storage solutions

flip380

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
What all have y’all done to up the level of gear you can carry? I’m considering the Undercover Swing case. Also contemplating a camper shell.. but thats not in my budget atm. I have the JBL system so I lost 60% behind the rear seat.

I always expect to need to up my storage game but every time I go out I realize I kinda don’t. The space behind and under the rear seats is actually very useful (don’t have JBL though). I also use the compartments built into the bed, but I have a longbed, so I have two of those. One has my recovery strap and D-rings and the smaller one has ratchet straps.

Bigger/additional items that I will only have with me for a camping or day wheeling trip will be thrown into the rear floor (no kids and usually no passengers back there), and then a lot of it in the bed using the OEM cargo divider.

But I am too interested in what other people do. I know if you are really serious about your storage game, @DECKEDUSA has a badass solution. Of course, since you posted this in the DIY forum, I imagine you’re more interested in seeing DIY setups.

I always expect to need to up my storage game but every time I go out I realize I kinda don’t. The space behind and under the rear seats is actually very useful (don’t have JBL though). I also use the compartments built into the bed, but I have a longbed, so I have two of those. One has my recovery strap and D-rings and the smaller one has ratchet straps.

Bigger/additional items that I will only have with me for a camping or day wheeling trip will be thrown into the rear floor (no kids and usually no passengers back there), and then a lot of it in the bed using the OEM cargo divider.

But I am too interested in what other people do. I know if you are really serious about your storage game, @DECKEDUSA has a badass solution. Of course, since you posted this in the DIY forum, I imagine you’re more interested in seeing DIY setups.
Keep all my recovery gear and tools behind/under the rear seats. It’s great to have. Mostly throw my camping stuff in the bed which is two chairs and a grill for over the fire. Now that I have the fridge that’ll replace the cooler. Overall not too much but the @DECKEDUSA looks amazing, I’d love to have one someday

Back