• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Speedometer Calibrator for 2020

Roamthedobie

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys, just put a new set of 17s on a set of Falken Wildpeaks 255/80/17. Looking for a speedometer calibrator that works for it, either a previous year or new company. Any help would be awesome. I’ve called many specialty “off-road Tacoma” shops and lots of them have no idea what it is.

Attachments

• D667383E-8DAF-4CFC-8455-A6F705A4EF45.jpeg
    D667383E-8DAF-4CFC-8455-A6F705A4EF45.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 77
i watched a video of someone trying to use the nav system to recalibrate the change in tire size. it didn't seem to work but its worth a shot i guess

I need to do this too. Mine is off by ~7 mph, depending on speed. I honestly don’t care about it for speed limits, but my OCD would be happy if it was dialed.

They’re all probably this expensive, huh?

Do you have one? How about renting it from you for some $$?

The Hypertech and Rough Country speedometer calibration kits are the only options out currently. They are a single vehicle use item as they have to remain plugged in for the life of the truck to work.

OVtune has mentioned he's trying to decipher the code that would allow access to adjusting the trucks speedometer to match other than factory tire size. No luck yet and the option is currently not available.

The Hypertech and Rough Country speedometer calibration kits are the only options out currently. They are a single vehicle use item as they have to remain plugged in for the life of the truck to work.

OVtune has mentioned he's trying to decipher the code that would allow access to adjusting the trucks speedometer to match other than factory tire size. No luck yet and the option is currently not available.
Dang. Didn’t realize it has to stay in. AEV makes one for Jeeps that has a ton of features and works more like OVTune does.

Dang. Didn’t realize it has to stay in. AEV makes one for Jeeps that has a ton of features and works more like OVTune does.

Yeah I was hoping the same thing when I first looked into them.

i've used superchips for my jeeps that worked really well. They make them for all sorts of makes and models but they don't support Tacos unfortunately. i guess its a hard ecu to crack

i've used superchips for my jeeps that worked really well. They make them for all sorts of makes and models but they don't support Tacos unfortunately. i guess its a hard ecu to crack

It's definitely an incredibly hard ECU to crack. OVtune is still the only person on the planet to do so. The ECU and it's complexities is the only thing holding up the release of every forced induction setup out there. The hardware's all done, it's just the software that's holding it up.

Back