• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spare Tire Different Size

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Hello all, I have a question questions I'm sure has been answered a million times, but I couldn't find anything on it. I currently have 285/70/17 on my truck. I have a spare tire, but got a free Falken Wildpeak at work, which I want to use as my spare. It's a 265/70/17, a little smaller than my stock. If I get a flat and replace it with this size, will there be any issues driving on it until I get to a tire shop? This is my first truck I've owned, so all this is new to me. Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I have a question questions I'm sure has been answered a million times, but I couldn't find anything on it. I currently have 285/70/17 on my truck. I have a spare tire, but got a free Falken Wildpeak at work, which I want to use as my spare. It's a 265/70/17, a little smaller than my stock. If I get a flat and replace it with this size, will there be any issues driving on it until I get to a tire shop? This is my first truck I've owned, so all this is new to me. Thanks in advance!
Yes and no.

Will there be any issues over a few days to a week? No, just make sure you make it a priority to fix the original tire. If it has a screw or something in it, that’s something you can easily repair yourself.

Plan to drive like that for over a month? Definitely don’t recommend that because you’ll get uneven wear and potential accelerated wear on suspension components.

Yes and no.

Will there be any issues over a few days to a week? No, just make sure you make it a priority to fix the original tire. If it has a screw or something in it, that’s something you can easily repair yourself.

Plan to drive like that for over a month? Definitely don’t recommend that because you’ll get uneven wear and potential accelerated wear on suspension components.
That's what I figured. It would just be on there long enough to get me to the closest Discount Tire. Definitely wouldn't run it for more than that. Thanks!

You will be fine just cant drive in 4x4. I put a 285/70 under my truck in stock location and very satisfied knowing i have a full size spare. Maybe sell the new falken and use it towards a full?

Back