• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Slider Cost Comparison

Good to know. Just started looking up sliders so just started comparing set ups so not an expert by any means.
Seeing as you seem to know more about them, any opinions on SOS bolt ons?
No problem and sorry if I came off as kind of a dick with my last reply, after I re-read it just now it sounded pretty harsh.

I don't have any experience with the SOS sliders and they don't have photos on their website of how they mount up, but they sound far more substantial than the others based on the description. Much more reasonably priced as well.

No problem and sorry if I came off as kind of a dick with my last reply, after I re-read it just now it sounded pretty harsh.

I don't have any experience with the SOS sliders and they don't have photos on their website of how they mount up, but they sound far more substantial than the others based on the description. Much more reasonably priced as well.

Thanks for the info. Trying to find a good slider that isn't going to break the bank seeing as I am from Canada. Going to get hit with duty and exchange. Being Canadian and upgrading a Taco can be a pain in the ass lol. Almost went with Avid until I realized that they are basically a running board that looks like as slider. The amount of info and options get a bit overwhelming.

No worries about initial response, I try not to assume the worst.

Thanks for the info. Trying to find a good slider that isn't going to break the bank seeing as I am from Canada. Going to get hit with duty and exchange. Being Canadian and upgrading a Taco can be a pain in the ass lol. Almost went with Avid until I realized that they are basically a running board that looks like as slider. The amount of info and options get a bit overwhelming.

Avid makes full bolt on sliders in addition to the welded and step bar versions. That's what I have, and they are very well built. There's information posted in several slider threads here and TW (including the 2nd post in this very thread), but your best bet is to just call or email them if you can. I believe the bolt-to-frame option is a $120 upcharge from their standard weld-to-frame version.

Edit: I just verified Avid has shipped to Canada in the past but freight and duties are expensive and take a long time as you're well aware. The last person they shipped sliders to in CA never picked them up because of the fees. :confused:

Avid makes full bolt on sliders in addition to the welded and step bar versions. That's what I have, and they are very well built. There's information posted in several slider threads here and TW (including the 2nd post in this very thread), but your best bet is to just call or email them if you can. I believe the bolt-to-frame option is a $120 upcharge from their standard weld-to-frame version.

Edit: I just verified Avid has shipped to Canada in the past but freight and duties are expensive and take a long time as you're well aware. The last person they shipped sliders to in CA never picked them up because of the fees. :confused:

The "base" price for Avid Bolt-On sliders already includes the extra $120 to upgrade from running boards. The prices I posted are for real sliders only not running boards. Avid's prices are hard to beat for bolt on.

I would look at 4X Innovations because they're in Wisconsin; they're working on bolt-on options but his weld-ons are incredibly inexpensive.

So, I have the OPOR/MetalTech sliders. As I understand it MetalTech designed them and at some point outsourced the fabrication to OPOR. When you buy the bare metal it's OPOR, if you want it powder-coated it's under the MetalTech name. I've had them for about a year now. No complaints. I seem to think I paid less though, I'll have to look through my records.

EDIT: Yup, I only paid 494.99. I picked them up locally though so no shipping costs.

Last edited:
great information, got me locked into a set of CBi Offroad Set for CallistoTRD. I have so far been very impressed with their customer service, and updates. Plus they ship UPS which really helps those of us that live on an island and have a hard time accepting freight.

...Also, our DCSB/ACSB sliders pricing has been updated due to metal tariffs over tripling our cost on material in the last 3-4 months.

OUCH!

Shit must suck outside of the heartland. Steel prices have been consistent here, close to the national index.

Finally pulled the trigger and have a set of CBi on order. I wish more disturbers were willing to ship ups/fedex by splitting shipments, It really makes a difference for those of us that live on an island and can't access freight sites unless we drive a few hours... just food for thought!

Has anybody installed Rocky Roads sliders?? They seem to be best in price and quality by far, so they are high on my wish list currently.

Still waiting on my shipment from CBi, about a month overdue past invoice... so maybe something else to take into consideration is the actual 'return-on-promise' for these companies too. I will keep updates to post a full review of the whole process from ordering, tracking, receiving, and the sliders themselves once done, and link it here if anyone is interested? :unsure:

Still waiting on my shipment from CBi, about a month overdue past invoice... so maybe something else to take into consideration is the actual 'return-on-promise' for these companies too. I will keep updates to post a full review of the whole process from ordering, tracking, receiving, and the sliders themselves once done, and link it here if anyone is interested? :unsure:
I’m interested. :)

I wish more disturbers were willing to ship ups/fedex by splitting shipments, It really makes a difference for those of us that live on an island and can't access freight sites unless we drive a few hours... just food for thought!
I think we are still over dimensional weight on our sliders if we ship them in two separate boxes. But I would have to verify. If that was the case it would be like an extra $150 in just over dimension charges.

Thanks for making this thread... Nice to see all options on one spreadsheet. One of the major considerations I have is shipping, if you added a company location or state column that would be very helpful. Thanks again, looking to pull the trigger on some sliders soon.

Has anybody installed Rocky Roads sliders?? They seem to be best in price and quality by far, so they are high on my wish list currently.

I spent some time researching sliders and ended up with Rocky Road sliders looking like the best choice. Also looking for any feedback.

Pelfreybilt sliders, I like them, no longer available
0805181001a.jpg
0916181916a_resized.jpg

Figured I should add in our info.

I’ll try and keep in same format. We offer two styles. All tube Patton (P) and box main Abrams (A) . No paint or top plates. Patton available in any angles within parameters listed on site.
Colorado company.
Weld on sliders:
(A) 300. Dom +50. Kickout +50
(P) 300. Dom +100. Kickout +50

Bolt on sliders (laser cut, front cab mount tie in. All hardware included )
(A) 500. Dom +50. Kickout +50
(P) 500. Dom +100. Kickout +50

CF86CBC0-8AE6-4994-8119-9B005764E05B.jpeg
E33B2040-A746-4478-9762-8EE5FCA59C7A.jpeg
7DDBA202-CA4B-4F09-8FC8-D186F678E577.jpeg
071D6546-35F4-471B-A271-012529793E29.jpeg
7CC9BDD8-16D0-49F2-954D-E124DEF23DD5.jpeg
005702F1-887C-4147-B043-C99A2F6166FC.jpeg

Figured I should add in our info.

I’ll try and keep in same format. We offer two styles. All tube Patton (P) and box main Abrams (A) . No paint or top plates. Patton available in any angles within parameters listed on site.
Colorado company.
Weld on sliders:
(A) 300. Dom +50. Kickout +50
(P) 300. Dom +100. Kickout +50

Bolt on sliders (laser cut, front cab mount tie in. All hardware included )
(A) 500. Dom +50. Kickout +50
(P) 500. Dom +100. Kickout +50

CF86CBC0-8AE6-4994-8119-9B005764E05B.jpeg
E33B2040-A746-4478-9762-8EE5FCA59C7A.jpeg
7DDBA202-CA4B-4F09-8FC8-D186F678E577.jpeg
071D6546-35F4-471B-A271-012529793E29.jpeg
7CC9BDD8-16D0-49F2-954D-E124DEF23DD5.jpeg
005702F1-887C-4147-B043-C99A2F6166FC.jpeg
I will add you to the list

OP has been updated with some more information from each manufacturer. If you have pictures of your truck with one of the above mentioned companies, please post them and comment for people to compare.

P&P is located in Indiana.

C61E4B32-3C5B-45CC-976E-308BE592D996.jpeg80A5BF54-8EB7-4F5E-AA22-FF589126EC17.jpeg81B0A575-D08C-4733-B97C-C0D82A70E7DD.jpegB2F66144-0813-43E3-8767-681DC27D94CD.jpeg

Anyone know if there is a company somewhere near Atlanta makes sliders? Would prefer to pick up instead of spending hundreds to ship.

Last edited:
C4 with top plate and the 0 degree as a step for the family. With Kickout

Attachments

• t3g-Slider-P.jpg
    t3g-Slider-P.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 91
I work in the steel pipe industry with providers in the US, Mexico and Canada. Prices have gone up across the board just out of fear, speculation, and suppliers gouging the market in the same way the oil companies and just about every other major supply industry does when given a reason to. Business is business and they're all in it to make money.
On something like a pair of sliders, what is the cost for say 30 ft of DOM tubing?
Is the increase gonna change the final price much.

Back