• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Slider Cost Comparison

Iowa Taco

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I've compiled most of the companies that make sliders for our trucks, and broken down what each component costs to add on. The base price is with no extras, unpainted, and for a DCSB or ACLB. In the added cost columns if you see "N/A" that means the company does not offer that option, if you see "$-" that means there's no extra cost, and if you see "Standard" that means the slider comes with that option and is not available without it.

Prices do not include shipping or sales - these are subject to change - if the prices do change I will do my best to update the chart. Lead times also vary based off work load and time of year, so I will not include these. If you see anything that is incorrect please let me know so I can update the chart.

Price is not always a correlation to quality, it may be cheaper for you to buy local instead of shipped, it is up to you to determine your needs. It may be cheaper for you to make your own if you have the capabilities. I am making my own sliders so I cannot attest to which of these is best, or who has the strongest, all of which is subject to each person's interpretation.

Prices as of 3 Jan 2019

Slider Cost Comparison 24 MAY 2019.PNG

Updated to include Avid Bolt-On prices
Updated to remove Pelfreybilt and adjust prices (BAMF and SOS prices increased; White Knuckle decreased and added DCLB)
Updated to add RRW, Bud Built, P-P Engineering, RSG, Rocky Road, Metal Tech, Victory, and Brute Force Fab
Updated to include MBRP and Slee; Shrockworks is bolt-on
Updated to include Warfab

Histogram of prices
Slider Histogram 3.PNG

Last edited:
As of 7/5/18, Avid Off Road's cost adder for bolt-to-frame in lieu of weld-to-frame sliders is $120. They also offer powder coating for any of their sliders at $120. Avid also offers discounts and local pick-up for those in Central AZ - contact the owner Brandon for details.

Note - The above is different than the "Bolt-On Slider/Steps" listed on their website:

1530813161011.png

I am not affiliated with Avid, just a long-time customer. I've used Avid's sliders, bumpers, bed racks, cab mount chops and other fabricated items since 2011 and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. Avid's armor has saved my ass on many occasions.

OP has been updated with some more information from each manufacturer. If you have pictures of your truck with one of the above mentioned companies, please post them and comment for people to compare.

Awesome job on the list! Here's my previous set of 3rd Gen Avid welded sliders, my new bolt-on set is under construction right now.

0824161609.jpg

IMG_20170731_145115.jpg

Would not agree that tariffs are going to change prices drastically. Steel prices have been going down for the past six (6) months; last year the price of steel increased much more than it is now. So if slider prices didn't increase drastically last year between May and October, I don't think it'll happen now either.

Would not agree that tariffs are going to change prices drastically. Steel prices have been going down for the past six (6) months; last year the price of steel increased much more than it is now. So if slider prices didn't increase drastically last year between May and October, I don't think it'll happen now either.

I hope im wrong

We have already been hit at least twice with huge increases in materials, even in bulk. We have had to raise prices twice and since we do keep in contact with a few of our "competitors"(friends) we know they have too.

Must be very different for a smaller company, which makes sense, where I work hasn't seen huge change yet but the company employees 60k people and that doesn't include contractors or contingent employees. So all I can base my thoughts off are what raw steel prices are:
Steel Prices 1 Aug 2018.PNG
5 Year Steel Prices.PNG

Must be very different for a smaller company, which makes sense, where I work hasn't seen huge change yet but the company employees 60k people and that doesn't include contractors or contingent employees. So all I can base my thoughts off are what raw steel prices are:
Steel Prices 1 Aug 2018.PNG
5 Year Steel Prices.PNG

Everything is relative I suppose, but we have been hit hard in both steel and aluminum, even if its just a scare of shortages.

I work in the steel pipe industry with providers in the US, Mexico and Canada. Prices have gone up across the board just out of fear, speculation, and suppliers gouging the market in the same way the oil companies and just about every other major supply industry does when given a reason to. Business is business and they're all in it to make money.

I work in the steel pipe industry with providers in the US, Mexico and Canada. Prices have gone up across the board just out of fear, speculation, and suppliers gouging the market in the same way the oil companies and just about every other major supply industry does when given a reason to. Business is business and they're all in it to make money.

Exactly. We saw a price increase on a lot even before the tariffs were set.

So were prices significantly cheaper in 2016 when steel was at a very low price? There is too many factors in the price of ag equipment that I work with to know what directly effects price changes. But with something that is mainly steel like sliders, I would venture that steel prices more drastically effect prices. Is this correct? Or is there more as well?

Anyone have SOS concept sliders? I need sliders that can double as a step. If SOS doesn’t have enough clearance I’m going the RCI route

Anyone have SOS concept sliders? I need sliders that can double as a step. If SOS doesn’t have enough clearance I’m going the RCI route
You can use any of them as a step unless they are some of the ones that tuck up really tight to the rockers. 20-degrees is the general angle I look for.

So were prices significantly cheaper in 2016 when steel was at a very low price? There is too many factors in the price of ag equipment that I work with to know what directly effects price changes. But with something that is mainly steel like sliders, I would venture that steel prices more drastically effect prices. Is this correct? Or is there more as well?

Not necessarily much lower but yes we were selling things at a lower cost in 2016 as the materials were much better costs for us, in bot steel and aluminum.

Updated first post
  • Removed Pelfreybilt
  • Updated price increases for BAMF and SOS
  • 4X Innovations price reduced and DCLB option added
  • White Knuckle prices decreased and DCLB option added

Any reviews on info on Metal Tech 4x4? Saw they have a pretty decent priced product.

Lots of information updated this week, supplier removed, prices changed, and I found a lot more companies that make sliders:
  • RRW
  • Bud Built
  • P-P Engineering
  • RSG
  • Rocky Road
  • Metal Tech
  • Victory
  • Brute Force Fab

Any reviews on info on Metal Tech 4x4? Saw they have a pretty decent priced product.
Wait, what? $879 seems decently priced for something with that spindly ass mounting arrangement? The sliders themselves may be tough, but no way in hell would I trust something that looks like a cheap box spring mattress frame to support the weight of my truck and take repeated hits over time. They attach to the frame with three thinly gusseted 1.5" square tubes per side. Everyone else uses much thicker and more heavily reinforced support at the frame and at least four 1.75-2" tubes with far more substantial gusseting per side.

1536857839898.png

Compare that to how just about everyone else does it...

1536858372722.png

1536858465758.png

1536858401368.png

1536858478658.png

1536858450941.png

Lots of information updated this week, supplier removed, prices changed, and I found a lot more companies that make sliders:
  • RRW
  • Bud Built
  • P-P Engineering
  • RSG
  • Rocky Road
  • Metal Tech
  • Victory
  • Brute Force Fab
You’re doing really good work.

Wait, what? $879 seems decently priced for something with that spindly ass mounting arrangement? The sliders themselves may be tough, but no way in hell would I trust something that looks like a cheap box spring mattress frame to support the weight of my truck and take repeated hits over time. They attach to the frame with three thinly gusseted 1.5" square tubes per side. Everyone else uses much thicker and more heavily reinforced support at the frame and at least four 1.75-2" tubes with far more substantial gusseting per side.

1536857839898.png

Compare that to how just about everyone else does it...

1536858372722.png

1536858465758.png

1536858401368.png

1536858478658.png

1536858450941.png

Good to know. Just started looking up sliders so just started comparing set ups so not an expert by any means.
Seeing as you seem to know more about them, any opinions on SOS bolt ons?

Back