• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Show Us Your DOBINSONS Equipped Tacoma

Got some goodies in the mail today, will install them soon!

E037E284-548E-4695-8633-11863BAC7932.jpeg

Inquiring about the leaf pack. I have the U402 Exp II’s and experiencing some sag.

Do I lower the front or go to a bigger leaf pack?

Inquiring about the leaf pack. I have the U402 Exp II’s and experiencing some sag.

Do I lower the front or go to a bigger leaf pack?
I know you probably want an answer from @DobinsonsUSA, but this is my opinion:

Lowering the front won’t help, it will just level the truck so you don’t have a Cali lean. If you know you have enough constant weight to justify it, do an add-a-leaf, or airbags (which are not that expensive). A bigger leaf pack would obviously work too, but you have other options.

I know you probably want an answer from @DobinsonsUSA, but this is my opinion:

Lowering the front won’t help, it will just level the truck so you don’t have a Cali lean. If you know you have enough constant weight to justify it, do an add-a-leaf, or airbags (which are not that expensive). A bigger leaf pack would obviously work too, but you have other options.
A bigger leaf pack will keep it simple, no disassembling leafs or air compressor for bags, All in all they all work but a full leaf pack will always get the job done best!

Back