• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Running 35's: Is it painful, and if it is, was it worth it?

We recommend the longer piston version of the King Rear shock with the Dakars, especially if you run the HD pack but dont normally have weight in the rear as you get a lot of rear ride height. Most people dont realize this but their shocks are typically their limiting strap haha, so the less it is limited the better.
I'm still iffy on the HD pack. May be a while before I put a rear bumper on if at all do to the blind spot monitoring. Without that I'll be running 90% with 100 lbs, and on trips with 500. So I don't want to run around town with my ass in the air like I'm looking for a friend to park something in it.

We recommend the longer piston version of the King Rear shock with the Dakars, especially if you run the HD pack but dont normally have weight in the rear as you get a lot of rear ride height. Most people dont realize this but their shocks are typically their limiting strap haha, so the less it is limited the .
I just found this out too. Picked up the rears yesterday with extended travel and my buddy highly recommended getting them specd for Dakars. I’ll be getting that done at DSM since that’s where I bought them from.

I'm still iffy on the HD pack. May be a while before I put a rear bumper on if at all do to the blind spot monitoring. Without that I'll be running 90% with 100 lbs, and on trips with 500. So I don't want to run around town with my ass in the air like I'm looking for a friend to park something in it.

Funny I remember you asking me on Saturday if the kings EXT would fit with the OME leaf pack. After doing some research on multiple forums and having my buddy tell me I had to, I found out that it is highly recommended that you get them specd for Dakars.

I just found this out too. Picked up the rears yesterday with extended travel and my buddy highly recommended getting them specd for Dakars. I’ll be getting that done at DSM since that’s where I bought them from.

Thats where we get all of our stuff done.

I called them the other day. Said it would take 7-10 days and I can't remember if it was $140 or $145 each.

I personally like "rake" on my truck so dont mind it unloaded haha.

Wow really? They did mine for free and took them half a day to do.
You must have some serious friends there. Could it be because you bought your shocks there? I did not get mine there. But yeah, I was kinda surprised at the lead time and the cost. Especially now with what you said.

Back