• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Road Trip Ahead, Seeking Input...

daleclough

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Possibly driving from Portland, OR to Willows, CA (Thunderhill Raceway) in early December. Route will be 90+ % highway, I5 Southbound.

Has anyone done this drive? Anything I need to be aware of now, plan for now?

I'll be hauling race car spare parts (closed totes) and a spare set of wheels/tires in the bed. I'll have the OEM try-fold cover off. Estimated 250 pounds total in the bed. I'll have myself, 3 duffel bags of driver gear, helmets and a bag of my personal clothes/toiletries and a small cooler for road snacks. Estimated 320 pounds in the cab, including me (I'm not light).

I'm thinking tire pressures at 34 cold, square. Recommended maintenance up-to-date/current before the 1,000 mile round trip.

Fellow road warriors, speak to me..... link below.

https://tinyurl.com/yazdfbpv

Back