Road Trip Ahead, Seeking Input...

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

daleclough

= II • Bronze
First Name
Dale
T3G Member
#1,387
Possibly driving from Portland, OR to Willows, CA (Thunderhill Raceway) in early December. Route will be 90+ % highway, I5 Southbound.

Has anyone done this drive? Anything I need to be aware of now, plan for now?

I'll be hauling race car spare parts (closed totes) and a spare set of wheels/tires in the bed. I'll have the OEM try-fold cover off. Estimated 250 pounds total in the bed. I'll have myself, 3 duffel bags of driver gear, helmets and a bag of my personal clothes/toiletries and a small cooler for road snacks. Estimated 320 pounds in the cab, including me (I'm not light).

I'm thinking tire pressures at 34 cold, square. Recommended maintenance up-to-date/current before the 1,000 mile round trip.

Fellow road warriors, speak to me..... link below.

https://tinyurl.com/yazdfbpv

Top Bottom