• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Revtek: hit or skip?

Audidood

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Anybody have any experience with revtek suspension? Saw them at a 4wheelParts show a few months back and they were selling coilovers at really good prices. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Anybody have any experience with revtek suspension? Saw them at a 4wheelParts show a few months back and they were selling coilovers at really good prices. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
Revtek's coilovers, just like Toytec's BOSS 2.0" coilovers, are not "real" coilovers. They are simply Bilstein 5100 shocks with a threaded body in lieu of the spring seat grooves, pre-assembled with a spring and top hat. In other words, they aren't rebuildable and have poor heat management properties due to the steel 1.97" diameter body, so you will experience shock fade rather quickly. Overall durability is also questionable, especially if you opt for 700# springs.

I don't know what kind of price point the Revtek version comes in at, but Toytec charges almost $900 for theirs which is kind of insane considering you can put together almost the exact same thing without the preload ring using 5100s and OME or Eibach springs for around $400 if you re-use your stock top hats.

Revtek's coilovers, just like Toytec's BOSS 2.0" coilovers, are not "real" coilovers. They are simply Bilstein 5100 shocks with a threaded body in lieu of the spring seat grooves, pre-assembled with a spring and top hat. In other words, they aren't rebuildable and have poor heat management properties due to the steel 1.97" diameter body, so you will experience shock fade rather quickly. Overall durability is also questionable, especially if you opt for 700# springs.

I don't know what kind of price point the Revtek version comes in at, but Toytec charges almost $900 for theirs which is kind of insane considering you can put together almost the exact same thing without the preload ring using 5100s and OME or Eibach springs for around $400 if you re-use your stock top hats.
Oh i see. they were like $1600, but on sale for like $1000 at the show. Thanks!

good info.

Back