• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Regrets

My new 2022 Off Road should be here at any time. Actually they are saying likely the middle of the month. It has been "In Transit" for two or three weeks. I did initially miss the power seats when I bought my 2018 but got over it over time. My new one will have power seats. I did want leather interior this time and that is what I got but to get it, I also had to purchase some things that I could have done without like the moon roof. I've had them before and don't mind but I never actually used it. I've seen a number of posts where people didn't like the moon roof because of the reduced head room. I'm tall but most of my height is my long legs. I've never had an issue with head room. It just meant spending extra money on things I could have done without.

I’m actually considering trading in my Tacoma off-road that I’ve only had for a year. I don’t hate the truck but I feel I’d enjoy going back to a car more. Considering getting a Alfa Romeo giulia ti sport 🤔

I’m actually considering trading in my Tacoma off-road that I’ve only had for a year. I don’t hate the truck but I feel I’d enjoy going back to a car more. Considering getting a Alfa Romeo giulia ti sport 🤔
If you don't need a truck, that sounds very reasonable.

Everybody has their own priorities. I just love having a truck. Now is a good time to sell if you are in the mood though. Used Tacomas are bringing good money. My wife recently totaled my '18 TRD Off Road. Insurance paid me about two thousand less that I could buy an identical 2022 model. I ended up going with a more loaded model but I could have replaced it for almost the same amount of money that they paid me. Actually, here in Ohio, they will rebate me the state sales tax on the value of my totaled truck when I replace it so I really got about enough money to replace it with a '22 if I had gone with the exact same truck.

My truck is a hand-me-down from my wife. We needed a truck to shlep coaching and catching gear to softball and baseball tournaments, and she wanted a new vehicle. Had I known the truck would be mine in 2-years, I would have pushed for the TRD Pro on the showroom floor. It was hard to go the Pro direction when the dealer is trying to get $5,000 over sticker for “upgrades” like an LED light bar and two extra D-rings

My truck is a hand-me-down from my wife. We needed a truck to shlep coaching and catching gear to softball and baseball tournaments, and she wanted a new vehicle. Had I known the truck would be mine in 2-years, I would have pushed for the TRD Pro on the showroom floor. It was hard to go the Pro direction when the dealer is trying to get $5,000 over sticker for “upgrades” like an LED light bar and two extra D-rings
I understand. After my 18 was totaled, I searched a 300 mile radius trying to find the truck that I wanted. Nobody had it. One dealer had one "in transit" but wanted $2,000.00 over MSRP. I finally found one, locally nonetheless, that wasn't yet in transit but being built already. I managed to get it for MSRP and it should be here any day. Never thought I would pay MSRP but those are the times we are in.

Those alfas are pretty sweet.
The wife wanted to get something with 4 wheel drive and was looking at getting her own Taco. But a second taco won’t fit in the garage due to the way a wall was put up by the previous owners. So she looked at a Wrangler for her. She found what she wanted and placed her order. She should have her Hydro Blue Wrangler Willys by November.

Everybody has their own priorities. I just love having a truck. Now is a good time to sell if you are in the mood though. Used Tacomas are bringing good money. My wife recently totaled my '18 TRD Off Road. Insurance paid me about two thousand less that I could buy an identical 2022 model. I ended up going with a more loaded model but I could have replaced it for almost the same amount of money that they paid me. Actually, here in Ohio, they will rebate me the state sales tax on the value of my totaled truck when I replace it so I really got about enough money to replace it with a '22 if I had gone with the exact same truck.
A few months back ford offered me 6k more than I got my Tacoma for to trade in for a bronco. I could come on on top if I trade in now

TBH I sometimes regret any of the mods. Suspenstion lift, big tires etc. The truck was pretty nice before all that and drove great and did well enough off road. I've had problems with my ARB springs and SPC control arms and the BP-52 shocks have settings that I haven't quite dialed in and keep changing...

Back