• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recommendation request: Water bottles that fit in the cupholders

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So, I've been searching for a decent water bottle solution. I need a water bottle that will hold at least 32oz but also has a base smaller than 3" so it will actually fit in my cupholders. Ideally metal, no straws and no "motivational" phrases all over the thing but I'll take what I can get at this point, Anyone have something like that that they would recommend? Please post a link if you do.

That might work. I was thinking more bottle-like though so I could also clip it to my pack.

That might work. I was thinking more bottle-like though so I could also clip it to my pack.
Take a look at hydro flask. The bigger one might not fit the cup holder but the smaller one should. I think it’s only 21oz though.

I actually found 1/2 liter water bottles that fit well.

I sourced mine from a local company in the Reno/Sparks area but I believe that “Smart Water” uses the exact same bottle. The whole reason I bought a cases of this was because the bottles are a sturdy build. I’ve got 5 liters worth (in 1/2 liter bottles) behind the rear seat.

they also fit great in any of the cup holders.

1615783066754.jpeg

The S’wells fit. As do the Pathwater’s.

You could look for the cup holder adapters. Adds some height though

I’m so happy to have a dozen tiny cup holders in a nation that makes every beverage container gigantic. That being said.. I got my yeti rambler and I love it

I flip my 64 oz water bottle upside down and put the lid in the cup holder instead of the base. Holds well. I think it’s bubba brand.

You could look for the cup holder adapters. Adds some height though
Yep. This with my normal giant Hydro Flask (or whatever brand it is) is how I do it. They work nicer than I thought for cheap plastic. Never bounces around on me.

I have one of these and it fits in the center cup holder perfectly. You can get different lids for it to eliminate the straw.

A0B13EEF-1419-4752-B864-C7A7A73217F0.jpeg

Sharing this in this thread because it’s relevant (but also because my recently added forum feature of “similar threads” at the bottom of a thread, did a good job at recommending this one)

These pictures are old but I feel like I kind of had the coolest setup here.

tempImageQtnVTa.png
tempImageWwEfJp.png

There are two replacement cup holders on the market now that hold a full 1 liter bottle.

Back