• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear Lift for towing???

paulp

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
Morning all,
I have the stock new 2018 trd sport, I tow a few trailers w boats only a few times per year, but they def lower the back a bit with the tongue wait.
The lightest is an ATV trailer, then about 4k trailer/boat, about 6k boat/trailer but only a few miles from dock to ramp, going very carefully on decent road.
I don't want to kill my shocks/springs or kill their compression ability? if I have that right.
Is there a suggestion for a leaf assist, new bump stop that's higher, or it will be fine stop worrying as its not enough to worry about.
and no, I do zero off-roading..
Thanks for everyones opinion.

Weight distribution hitch will help with the rear sag when towing, that would be the best option. You could use an add-on airbag load assist kit to keep the truck level, but that won't really help with distributing the load properly.

Upvote 0
I agree, I just got cought up on the weight dist hitches...Always seen them but never really got into what they were about..
Thanks again

Upvote 0
I agree, I just got cought up on the weight dist hitches...Always seen them but never really got into what they were about..
Thanks again
If you have a Harbor Freight near you they have one that works pretty well (y)

Upvote 0
Back