• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear bumper options

Nocoparkinglotcrawler

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Due to a slightly unfortunate parking lot incident I'm in the process of looking for a rear bumper for my taco and I'm having a tough time making a decision.

I get the truck into some rocks here in CO where the departure angle can be a struggle, so I was leaning towards high clearance. I plan on mounting the spare in the bed and running a rack over the bed for fuel etc, so no need for swingouts. Beyond that I'm looking for suggestions, ideas, thoughts etc.

I've been eyeing CBI, C4, Pelfreybilt, etc. But I feel like I'm overlooking something.

The biggest thing I'm running into is that shipping costs are insane and the nearest place I've come across is CBI up in Idaho. Is there really not a fabrication shop making Taco parts in CO??

RCI is in Colorado and makes some of the highest quality stuff on the market. Lead times currently 6-8 weeks. They're in the process of moving to a new shop right now but they should be able to help you out.

Looks like they may be a great option... 20 minute drive lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: looks like I went to HS with one of the main guys there, who knew? Time to get on it.

Last edited:
Back