Armor - RCI Rear bumper install | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma Forum - Tacoma3G.com

Armor RCI Rear bumper install

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
  • 🚧Attention T3G members and vistors!🚧
    Our February "Rig of the Month" contest is now OPEN! Post a photo of your truck in the submission thread to enter the contest. Vote for your favorite truck by hitting the "like" button on the post. The first place winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and a T3G patch and sticker. (You may dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the top right of this box.)

Hunter399

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Hunter
T3G Member
#2,654
Installing my rear RCI bumper in the upcoming days and had a few questions. I know I will lose the radar BSM. I assume it’s just disconnected and you zip tie up the harness. I also am wondering how to transfer over the back up sensors. Unable to find any info on removal of the sensors from stock to the new bumper. Probably overthinking all of this just researching prior to diving in.

Thanks for the help!

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Onyx
Vendor Relations
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Your not overthinking it. The clips are kind of difficult to get at, especially the outermost ones. I still haven't finished mine for this exact reason. Sadly I don't actually have the answers you need as I need them myself.

Teton Taco

First Name
Russell
T3G Member
#2,779
Installing my rear RCI bumper in the upcoming days and had a few questions. I know I will lose the radar BSM. I assume it’s just disconnected and you zip tie up the harness. I also am wondering how to transfer over the back up sensors. Unable to find any info on removal of the sensors from stock to the new bumper. Probably overthinking all of this just researching prior to diving in.

Thanks for the help!
Were you ever able to transfer them over? I'm installing mine now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hunter399

T3G Supporter
First Name
Hunter
T3G Member
#2,654
Yes I was. Getting them out of the plastic bumper is the hardest. I just turned them a half to a quarter turn and angled them out. Then installing them was way easier. Just angle them in and they snap in. One of mine was a hair loose fitting and used a dab of black silicon to secure it better. I need the same for the license plate lights.

Last edited: