• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Preferred off road communication radios?

texplor

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Lets see your radio rigs. What band do you y'all use HAM, CB, GMRS, FRS, smoke signal, carrier pigeon, morse code, lots of yelling? I just got the MXT115 midland micro mobile GMRS radio yesterday. love how compact it is. so far the range is great for what I do in the Texas hill country. Pics coming soon of my setup.

Last edited:
Well I know very little about radio comms but I will be doing CB when my headache bar/antenna mount comes back from powdercoat. So far my plan is a cheapskate Uniden PRO510XL and a 3ft fire stick mounted on the front of the bed. I'm going with CB since the local rock quarries operate on CB as well as the Weyerhaeuser trucks in the area that I go hunting.

Trying to piece a cb set up together now. Got a cobra 75 wxst to keep it simple, interested to see how it mounts on the tpam with my other shit on there

Back