• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Post any photo of your Tacoma!

Just put on the prinsu rack

Attachments

• AF20819F-F33C-4C83-91DC-504A6B5F0E71.jpeg
    AF20819F-F33C-4C83-91DC-504A6B5F0E71.jpeg
    704 KB · Views: 94
Thank you!! Yes I do. I really do need to update it. Any questions just DM me.

Love your truck. Looks great. Do you have a build thread

Does it comes with those side lights?
No, those are the Mictuning rock lights i got off amazon. $40ish doll hairs, link to phone, change color, strobe and light to music that up upload. Then I bought the bezels off a dude on FB for $40. The bezels make then point slightly down. So far I’m impressed with the lights considering the price!

Planning to add couple of mods soon! Loving this taco.
20201031_135557.jpg
What steps are those? I have the silly Predator Tube Steps that I'm about to remove and I was considering order the Tyger rock sliders on Amazon since they're so affordable, but yours look neat.

What steps are those? I have the silly Predator Tube Steps that I'm about to remove and I was considering order the Tyger rock sliders on Amazon since they're so affordable, but yours look neat.
Its NFab Nerf Steps. I took them off today.

Here's what I had in my other taco before. Same bar.
DSC_0181_1.JPG

Why'd you take them off?
I'm going to get rock sliders soon. I went off roading in cement with that bar. It got me stuck on few rocks couple times when I wanted to get over. Took a lot of scratches and dent them. I ditched it right after. Now with my current taco, I ditched it couple days after I bought it.

I'm going to get rock sliders soon. I went off roading in cement with that bar. It got me stuck on few rocks couple times when I wanted to get over. Took a lot of scratches and dent them. I ditched it right after. Now with my current taco, I ditched it couple days after I bought it.
Makes sense. I don't like how low the steps hang, makes my truck look low. So mine are coming off this week and I think I'm going to buy the Tyger sliders on Amazon.

Makes sense. I don't like how low the steps hang, makes my truck look low. So mine are coming off this week and I think I'm going to buy the Tyger sliders on Amazon.

Just a friendly FYI I just looked up those Tyger "sliders" on Amazon and I will say that they are definitely not sliders. They are most definitely steps or "nerf bars." You can tell by looking at the bracketry that is used to mount them onto the truck. The Tyger ones are basically small tabs that are bolted to the truck. True sliders will have full plates that are sandwiched against the frame rails which add strength and transfer the load from the slider to the frame along with stout support arms going from the plates to the slider.

If your plan is to just enjoy the truck on road then they will be just fine. But if you plan to wheel the truck and are looking for something that can take the weight of the truck slamming into a rock and protect your truck then you need to look at another option. Those Tyger nerf bars will not protect the truck offroad.

installed my winters last week not expecting a chinook this week but i'm ready for our normal november weather once this warm spell ends.. went up a size from stock to a 265/75/16 and gained a good 1/2" clearance. planning on lifting in the spring and going 33s but for now an acceptable improvement over stock.

Attachments

• 20201007_111140.jpg
    20201007_111140.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20201007_211839.jpg
    20201007_211839.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20201009_151300.jpg
    20201009_151300.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20201009_151308.jpg
    20201009_151308.jpg