• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Portable water supply any suggestions?

Jesse Rizo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hey just quick question for everyone anybody have portable water supply I’m thinking of getting one any recommendations?
Any suggestions would help thank you.

I personally own a Waterport. Like it due to its compact size and is fairly light compared to RoadShower(plastic vs aluminum). I do also like the flexibility of having it mounted on the bed rails, I can switch it up and put it in the tow hitch, or move it around. Did look into the RinseKit, which I like the added feature of having a 12v plugin to heat the water. Cool for mornings before the suns out.

A buddy of mine has a Road Shower and loves it. I personally like the design, however its not as portable as the Waterport. My buddies is permanently attached to his teardrop trailer.

People seem to love the waterport. Don't have one myself though.

https://www.costco.com/WaterPORT-Da...ed-Water-System-Bundle.product.100418050.html

I bought mine through Costco. Huge steal!

I personally own a Waterport. Like it due to its compact size and is fairly light compared to RoadShower(plastic vs aluminum). I do also like the flexibility of having it mounted on the bed rails, I can switch it up and put it in the tow hitch, or move it around. Did look into the RinseKit, which I like the added feature of having a 12v plugin to heat the water. Cool for mornings before the suns out.

A buddy of mine has a Road Shower and loves it. I personally like the design, however its not as portable as the Waterport. My buddies is permanently attached to his teardrop trailer.

I bought mine through Costco. Huge steal!
I will have to check there to ? thank you I really appreciate your input

This also is "portable"

water.JPG

I also carry a Reliance Aqua-tainer for all my other needs while camping. Love it serves me well. I typically bring both whenever I'm on a trip.

If you start swaying to water port send me a pm with the price from costco (I live in canada) have one and will be willing to sell

Gotta step up that expo game! I have a 5gal jug I use. Lol
I guess I’m lame. I like using gallon jugs and/or regular water bottles.
Lol that’s what I have right now but wanted to opt for something if I stay out for a couple days I can shower ?

Lol that’s what I have right now but wanted to opt for something if I stay out for a couple days I can shower ?
Want one to shower with DIY some PVC pipe setup attach to roof pressurize man simple and cheap

more like gallon jugs of milk and small bottles of water... lmao

personally i picked up a 4gal water container at REI it was like 10$

4"pvc tube some cap ends shcauder valve , hose and some fittings wham water tank with pressure and possibly shower

Last edited:
I just ordered my waterport, and received it from costco. I primarily got it for areas where there are no showers after surfing. I am going to attach it to the accessory bed rails but, i need it to drop low enough to remain below the extang solid fold 2.0 tonneau cover. Currently, i'm at an impasse, because i refuse to spend 39.99 on a 1/4" drop down bracket + 14.99 for shipping from waterport. :confused::rolleyes:

We have two of these Aqua-Tainer 7 gallon jugs. Depending on the length of the trip and how long some sections we'll be off grid we'll take one or both.

https://www.rei.com/product/618168/reliance-aqua-tainer-7-gal

We are looking into upgrading the rear of the truck to a higher quality storage. One of the things we are considering is an on-board water tank built into the floor.

I just ordered my waterport, and received it from costco. I primarily got it for areas where there are no showers after surfing. I am going to attach it to the accessory bed rails but, i need it to drop low enough to remain below the extang solid fold 2.0 tonneau cover. Currently, i'm at an impasse, because i refuse to spend 39.99 on a 1/4" drop down bracket + 14.99 for shipping from waterport. :confused::rolleyes:
Build a bracket

I have just been using a wide mouth jerry can and then I have a shower head that is charged by USB and pulls water from the jug and heats it. Easy to store and cheap and efficient.

I have a water port and bring a five gallon jug as well. I use it primarily for cooking and meal prep (lots of fish and meat processing) but it's also great for dirty dogs and anything else that needs a good spray down.

Here it is in action!

Back