• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

POLL: Where would you like the next T3G meetup to be

Next T3G meetup

• Iron Lakes, Sierra National Forrest Campout

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • SandStone Canyon, Anza Borrego Campout

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Seven Teacups, Seqouia National Forrets

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey everyone,

I have come up with a few ideas for our next meet, ill be scouting locations, and wanted to get a census as far as where YOU would like to see
the next T3G meetup. The next meetup ideas are in the poll so please drop a vote and let me know. I want to plan a lot with you guys and if you have ideas please
share them as well. Ill keep this thread stickied and will be changing the poll after each meetup. I will also be planning meetups well in advance so that everyone
has ample time to plan for them if you would like to participate.

Also, if anyone wants to meetup when im out scouting areas ill never turn you down!

Here are the next meetup ideas i have planned. Let me know what you think!

Iron Lakes:
extra_large_9a53c6558e056c16053a20d1d4234ff2.jpg

SandStone Canyon:
extra_large_b7a9737b208997b8be6e25546e3ff191.jpg

Seven Teacups:
82cfbcb87edcdccaba10b858264bd12d.jpg

I just got back from Sequoia, Iron Lakes is 10 hrs away, so my vote is Sand Stone. We could throw in Diablo drop and Broke Shaft Gulch. Granted it's a little hot. In the mean time, maybe we can plan a burgers and beer meet.

I just got back from Sequoia, Iron Lakes is 10 hrs away, so my vote is Sand Stone. We could throw in Diablo drop and Broke Shaft Gulch. Granted it's a little hot. In the mean time, maybe we can plan a burgers and beer meet.
Ya heat is my concern since this will be a camping meet. Maybe we could do a separate day meet out there. Iron lakes was worth the drive
Driving back now

2CDC9CED-C79E-441B-A228-9DAB1635AAE7.jpeg

Totally understand. Anza Borrego will be over 100 until late October. So that will be painful. If it wasn't a ten hr drive, I'd totally go on the Sierra trip. The wife and I just did Joshua tree and Sequioa, and have Sedona planned for end of Aug and Death Valley in Oct. So for now I'll be looking for more day runs and local meet and greets. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics from everyone. Any ideas on an SD place we can meet for a social?

Totally understand. Anza Borrego will be over 100 until late October. So that will be painful. If it wasn't a ten hr drive, I'd totally go on the Sierra trip. The wife and I just did Joshua tree and Sequioa, and have Sedona planned for end of Aug and Death Valley in Oct. So for now I'll be looking for more day runs and local meet and greets. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics from everyone. Any ideas on an SD place we can meet for a social?

I have some day runs I’m planning that aren’t super far. Just need to figure out dates and make sure I post in time for people to plan

Perfect! I appreciate the extra time and energy it takes for you to do this. Thank you.

I vote Sierra's. No way in hell you'll catch me out in Anza until it cools off.
I get you man, and I don't think I would stay the night. I personally can't make the long trip up. So I'm thinking day trip, but @PROTACO17 said he had some day trips in mind. I hope you guys have a blast.

I get you man, and I don't think I would stay the night. I personally can't make the long trip up. So I'm thinking day trip, but @PROTACO17 said he had some day trips in mind. I hope you guys have a blast.

I'll definitely be interested in Anza when it cools down some. Place is rad. For now it's just too damn hot.

I'll definitely be interested in Anza when it cools down some. Place is rad. For now it's just too damn hot.
Definitely when it’s cooler. I love it out there and go there more than anywhere as it’s so close to me, last time I went there was May and it was just miserable waking up In that, but yes that will happen at some point.

It seems that iron lakes is the winner so far, but we can plan a day meet out in anza very soon as it’s close to everyone and would be a good day run to hit the desert and rip shit up.

I just came back from iron lakes and it was honestly incredible, I do have to say however that at the lake itself is a smaller area, there are two spots above the lake to camp as you can not get to the base of the lake. One is next to the ridge over looking the lake and the other is about 100ft back still with great views and bear lock boxes. We could fit maybe 6-8 trucks within these two areas, or we could setup a base camp farther down the trail in one of the larger areas that are cleared and good to camp at with segmental runs on the actual trail. I will figure out more details and plan it all out accordingly. I will post a new poll to get a roster of who may attend so I can properly plan this to accommodate everyone!
0E3DC844-349C-4E29-BA24-53F0DA445C86.jpeg

I guess I could be interested in a day trek out to Anza. Could be fun just to rally around out there for a few hours. Depends on scheduling obviously. I've got an Eastern Sierra's trip in August and am touring the Northwest all of September.

I guess I could be interested in a day trek out to Anza. Could be fun just to rally around out there for a few hours. Depends on scheduling obviously. I've got an Eastern Sierra's trip in August and am touring the Northwest all of September.
Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the trip report. :)

Yeah we were out in Joshua tree and couldnt see anything over there for a whole day it was so smokey.

I'm not sure we are ready for 109 degrees. Reminds me of Iraq. But since I voted for it... Just have to bring a lot of social sparklers to moisturize my lips.

We will likely not "camp" until it cools down a bit haha but I am down for some sprinkler action!

Back