• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Phone or Desktop

Jay

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.lcoverland.com
2021 Sport DCSB Auto
Army Green
Which way do you guys access the forum?

I normally use the mobile version but when I am working I use the desktop version.

What are things that you like about the way you use?

I personally like the desktop version because it shows you so much. but the mobile version is so easy to use.

I'm typically on the desktop site because I have two monitors so I can login to work in the morning on one and then scroll through T3G on the other lol

I only use mobile if I'm posting a photo that's on my phone

Which way do you guys access the forum?

I normally use the mobile version but when I am working I use the desktop version.

What are things that you like about the way you use?

I personally like the desktop version because it shows you so much. but the mobile version is so easy to use.
I agree with most of your points.

I tend to be on mobile more often just because I check the forum at least once an hour, all day, regardless of where I am. (Anyone notice that I'm pretty much always online?)

Mobile really is simple to use, yes. However, you miss out on some of the "pretty" things you'll see on desktop. The entire navigation bar at the top of the forum is hidden on mobile (but you can view it by tapping the 3 lines in the top left next to the logo), signatures are hidden on mobile, etc.

I obviously use desktop a ton as well because trying to manage the backend stuff on mobile can be cumbersome.

Here are some actual statistics for you guys:

1596039839488.png

1596039870138.png

TIL: people actually use the Xbox and PS4 browsers.

TIL: people actually use the Xbox and PS4 browsers.
Seems weird. They must be serial killers.
Everyday at work I tell people only psychopaths use edge
Was true but apparently the newest version is respectable now. It rubs off Chromium so it is essentially Chrome but with less memory hogging.

Desktop every dang time. Phones suck. Digital crack :(

Everyday at work I tell people only psychopaths use edge

I saw this old grey beard prank where you setup an automated script to periodically browse the website of a competitor but show the user agent as like Internet Explorer 5.0 or something obscene. Randomize the time, bonus points if you can get it to show up from multiple remote locations. Some poor bastard is going to be tasked with trying to make the site compatible for those IE 5 users :)

Back