Phone or Desktop

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Jay

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Which way do you guys access the forum?

I normally use the mobile version but when I am working I use the desktop version.

What are things that you like about the way you use?

I personally like the desktop version because it shows you so much. but the mobile version is so easy to use.

knightacoma

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Chase
T3G Member
#4,246
I'm typically on the desktop site because I have two monitors so I can login to work in the morning on one and then scroll through T3G on the other lol

I only use mobile if I'm posting a photo that's on my phone

Tacomadad18

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
Mobile like 98% of the time.

Reactions: Jay

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Which way do you guys access the forum?

I normally use the mobile version but when I am working I use the desktop version.

What are things that you like about the way you use?

I personally like the desktop version because it shows you so much. but the mobile version is so easy to use.
I agree with most of your points.

I tend to be on mobile more often just because I check the forum at least once an hour, all day, regardless of where I am. (Anyone notice that I'm pretty much always online?)

Mobile really is simple to use, yes. However, you miss out on some of the "pretty" things you'll see on desktop. The entire navigation bar at the top of the forum is hidden on mobile (but you can view it by tapping the 3 lines in the top left next to the logo), signatures are hidden on mobile, etc.

I obviously use desktop a ton as well because trying to manage the backend stuff on mobile can be cumbersome.

Here are some actual statistics for you guys:

1596039839488.png

1596039870138.png

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
TIL: people actually use the Xbox and PS4 browsers.
Seems weird. They must be serial killers.
Everyday at work I tell people only psychopaths use edge
Was true but apparently the newest version is respectable now. It rubs off Chromium so it is essentially Chrome but with less memory hogging.

Reactions: Jay

midnight20pro

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#5,503
Desktop every dang time. Phones suck. Digital crack :(

Everyday at work I tell people only psychopaths use edge
I saw this old grey beard prank where you setup an automated script to periodically browse the website of a competitor but show the user agent as like Internet Explorer 5.0 or something obscene. Randomize the time, bonus points if you can get it to show up from multiple remote locations. Some poor bastard is going to be tasked with trying to make the site compatible for those IE 5 users :)

Top Bottom