• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pennsylvania !

My girlfriend says I have a twin around Lancaster, would you happen to be on here?

pics for reference
20210415_141005.jpg
-Dirty- (1 of 1).jpg

I'm from Mechanicsburg near Harrisburg Pennsylvania

I’m in York. Looking for some other taco people who know where to go. Dying to get this thing off The pavement but there aren’t many options around me

I’m in Lancaster county PA. Some little trails here but nothing great.

Lancaster, hopefully getting it muddy sometime soon

I'm in Mechanicsburg. Always down to shoot the crap and do truck stuff. Not many people get into it like forum people.
Hope local dudes are holding strong. Didn't trade in for $5k over value. Haha.

I'm an hour outside State College toward Harrisburg. Not driving right now because of a broken leg. I'm down for a cruise, camp out, or shooting crap. I don't mind driving to different areas, I'm not a off roader by any means.

I'm an hour outside State College toward Harrisburg. Not driving right now because of a broken leg. I'm down for a cruise, camp out, or shooting crap. I don't mind driving to different areas, I'm not a off roader by any means.
I'm right there too.

Any places you trust to get an alignment done?
About to just go to Firestone for the lifetime alignment for $180.

I've paid for so many alignments...

Friend's Shop
Dealership
4WP

Usually go to a place down in Portage, PA called Kick's. My Dad's been using them for years, and they seem to do a good job.

Hell if I know, to be honest. But the lift rides nicely after the alignment. What makes you think any of the other's are doing a bad job? Are you just looking at the wear long term?

Usually go to a place down in Portage, PA called Kick's. My Dad's been using them for years, and they seem to do a good job.

Hell if I know, to be honest. But the lift rides nicely after the alignment. What makes you think any of the other's are doing a bad job? Are you just looking at the wear long term?

The one time the shop was saying something about the truck was too new that the factory default presets weren't in the alignment machines system. No idea. I said just do it off previous models. They didn't have those either. In my mind, I figured alignments should just be done base on the actual physical configuration. Drove fine but after a few rotations I ended up with some uneven tire wear. Don't have much confidence in that place anymore.

Dealership, I don't like them from personal experience. Been horrible. Even had to go back because it was pulling. They kept telling me it wasn't. Had to get the Service Manager to drive it and he confirmed it was definitely pulling.

4WP, was fine, just feel like I overpaid. They do some dumb policy shit. I understand liability and stuff. I say I'll sign a waive or whatever acknowledging I accept all responsibility for whatever happens. They don't want to touch it if it's rubbing. It was rubbing on the fender liner slightly. It took a good amount of convincing to just get my tires mounted. Had to talk them into just removing the spacers. Still rubbed a little and they were talking about putting the old tires back on. It was silly and further of a drive.

So I figured I'll do the Firestone Lifetime Alignment. Since it's $180. Every 6 months or 6,000 miles or as needed or whatever because I've paid $100-$120 about 4 times now. I called and made an appointment. I hate being on the phone, so I said I could just schedule it online. He was like well that's what I'm doing right now, earliest is Wednesday. 11/3/21. Fine. I made the appointment. Didn't want to drive it after redoing the suspension more than I had to. So I left it parked at my parent's.

Just out of curiosity I check the site. Click schedule an appointment.
Looks like Wednesday isn't the earliest... Now I'm annoyed. Because I'd rather just drive my truck because I have things to do.

Capture.JPG

I use a "local" small chain tire and service place called Eddie's tire. They've worked on many vehicles of mine and former employers. I've used the Lewistown and Duncanville/Altoona branches.

The one time the shop was saying something about the truck was too new that the factory default presets weren't in the alignment machines system. No idea. I said just do it off previous models. They didn't have those either. In my mind, I figured alignments should just be done base on the actual physical configuration. Drove fine but after a few rotations I ended up with some uneven tire wear. Don't have much confidence in that place anymore.

Dealership, I don't like them from personal experience. Been horrible. Even had to go back because it was pulling. They kept telling me it wasn't. Had to get the Service Manager to drive it and he confirmed it was definitely pulling.

4WP, was fine, just feel like I overpaid. They do some dumb policy shit. I understand liability and stuff. I say I'll sign a waive or whatever acknowledging I accept all responsibility for whatever happens. They don't want to touch it if it's rubbing. It was rubbing on the fender liner slightly. It took a good amount of convincing to just get my tires mounted. Had to talk them into just removing the spacers. Still rubbed a little and they were talking about putting the old tires back on. It was silly and further of a drive.

Oh yeah, those are some awful experiences. I think I paid $50 for mine, but that's a really small town mechanic. I never go near dealerships or big name companies for every reason you said.

My old 4runner can only be inspected by parent's known mechanics. Seems like every mechanic tries to get one over on you, though. The few times I tried near my house, I get "too much rust on there to pass, but I'll buy it from you" - twice now.

Been using the new truck to test out mechanics shops near my house to find ones that I'll actually trust.

Nah, I don't ski or snowboard. I'd like to someday but a man can only have so many expensive hobbies...

Seems like everyone is 1.5 to 2.5 hours away. Lmao, I'm an hour from every major interstate.

I guess I'm everyone. That's not what you said last night!
I mean, sorry?....lmao

I'm 54 miles from I81, 42ish miles from I99, 50ish to I80, 58ish to I83..... I can get to Philly in 2 hours and 45 minutes. Pittsburgh in about 3 hours. The NY border on I81 in just under 4 hours. I used to drive up to Binghamton NY at 1:30AM to push a reset button.... Now I'm driving all over PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, and VA any given day so I get to see a lot of the roads. If you ever see a Kaeser service van, it MAY be me.

Originally from Ligonier PA, but now in Central TX. I miss autumn. The colors and smells.:(

Last edited:
Hey guys! Northeast PA here. I'm about 15 minutes from the ny border in Bradford County. Working on building the truck but would love to get it dirty!

Sorry to revive this thread but Downingtown pa here. Is there ever any local events? I've been to Mid-Atlantic's Overland Festival this past year but is there anything else? or anyone interested in camping?

Back