• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Our dark forum theme is finally live!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
FINALLY!

I’ve wanted to implement this for a very long time now.

You should all be seeing the dark theme, but if you aren’t, let me know. You can’t switch off the dark theme at the moment, but later today you will be able to switch back to any of the light themes if you would like to.

You will also be able to set it so the forum will be dark if you are using dark mode on your phone, or light if your phone is using light mode. Or you can choose either one to always be used.

Only the Quicksand version is done right now, but the other colors as dark themes are coming soon.

Let me know if you find any bugs or something that you feel could be better with this theme.

Looks awesome!!

Great job!! Much easier on the eyes and just looks awesome.

FINALLY!

You should all be seeing the dark theme, but if you aren’t, let me know. You can’t switch off the dark theme at the moment, but later today you will be able to switch back to any of the light themes if you would like to.

You will also be able to set it so the forum will be dark if you are using dark mode on your phone, or light if your phone is using light mode. Or you can choose either one to always be used.

Only the Quicksand version is done right now, but the other colors as dark themes are coming soon.

Let me know if you find any bugs or something that you feel could be better with this theme.
LOVE IT!

Great execution! I don’t even want to know how to switch back... haha!

Looks really good! I like the light theme for days and dark for nights. How do we make the switch back and forth?

Looks really good! I like the light theme for days and dark for nights. How do we make the switch back and forth?
That’s my fault; I need to reenable the light ones and then show you how it’s done.

Also, I think I’m going to be able to make it automatically switch depending on your phone UI, if you want to opt into that.

Okay, everyone should be able to switch to the light versions by clicking these colored boxes at the top or bottom of the forum:

51272AAF-8335-43A5-BEB8-2EDB1DFA0335.jpeg

I can spend so much more time on the board now that my gaming monitor isn't frying my retinas! :D

The new look is great. Easy to read. Thanks

How do you switch back to the dark theme? I clicked on the quicksand(tried al of the other colors too) and it went to the light theme and now I can't the dark theme back.

How do you switch back to the dark theme? I clicked on the quicksand(tried al of the other colors too) and it went to the light theme and now I can't the dark theme back.

Click your username on the top right of the page, then click on Preferences. Should be one of the first options on the preferences page.

FINALLY!

Not seeing it

Sweet! Thanks for this! Dark is the hit!

Click your username on the top right of the page, then click on Preferences. Should be one of the first options on the preferences page.
For now, this is how. I need to get a button for the dark theme up there.

You can also click this link to automatically turn it to dark:

https://tacoma3g.com/misc/style?style_id=15&t=1594587221,47186c66b99abe436529f4d1a6a53f07

Update:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 7.24.46 PM.png

I finally managed to add an icon to switch to the dark theme. It is the first one with the black box and tan border. You can find this at the top right of the website and also at the bottom left of the website. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back