• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OVTune On the topic of tunes and manual transmissions

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hello friends, so a couple weeks back I got a tune on my 2017 TRDOR DCSB with an manual transmission, stock gearing. It's the OTT 8.0 "spicy" and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I can tell there is a difference but it is pretty subtle. I get that most people who get these tunes have the automatic and it's more dramatic for them. I was just curious to hear from other people with manuals and their impressions of this tune or tunes in general with a manual.

For MT, I highly recommend looking at YotaWerx Tuning.

For the record, I'm a co-owner (and former co-owner of Coyoza before we sold it) and so I do have a bias, but I have a well documented history of being a MT guy who produces top tier tunes for the MT (and AT but MT is the discussion at hand).

Our recently updated "Blackhawk" tune is an excellent option and we're confident in it to produce an exceptional experience that will not be forgotten.

Please see our YotaWerx TacomaWorld thread for an extensive amount of information, as well as feedback.

We do have a thread on this forum, but it sees pretty much zero traffic so this forum is not our primary means of engagement.

Back