• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

On Road Stability - DD

ultraracing_taco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
ultraracing-usa.com
2016 Limited DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Okay the title sucks, but I could not come up with something cool.

Guy's how many of you travel in the truck a commuter? as a daily work truck in city driving? and sometimes as the family hauler?

Does any of your family members or people in the truck feel like it is not stiff enough and to much sway?

Or you are the driver and feel like the truck could use some additional stability without busting open the wallet?

Just need to know what 3G owners are doing to get this truck to feel more like a solid vehicle.

Thanks for the advice. Just wondering.

Attachments

• 20180302_122205.jpg
    20180302_122205.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 88
If you're asking from a product development standpoint, this is an off-road focused market and is a crowd predominantly running no sway bars, articulate suspensions, tires with 70-85% aspect ratios, higher center of gravity, etc. In other words, stiffening these trucks up would be counterproductive for the vast majority.

That being said though, front sway bar quick disconnects would probably be very popular if you could figure out how to make and market them. Removing the sway bar completely is something that we often see people hesitate to do.

Last edited:
Okay so the 3G groups are mostly Full Time OFF-ROAD drivers?

There are no commuters like myself here? If this is true to what you are stating, then you are correct. I should not be on this forum.

Thanks

If you're asking from a product development standpoint, this is an off-road focused market and is a crowd predominantly running no sway bars, articulate suspensions, tires with 70-85% aspect ratios, higher center of gravity, etc. In other words, stiffening these trucks up would be counterproductive for the vast majority.

That being said though, front sway bar quick disconnects would probably be very popular if you could figure out how to make and market them. Removing the sway bar completely is something that we often see people hesitate to do.

Okay so the 3G groups are mostly Full Time OFF-ROAD drivers?

There are no commuters like myself here? If this is true to what you are stating, then you are correct. I should not be on this forum.

Thanks
I never said anything to imply that you weren't welcome. It seems you may have taken offense to something I said, but I was just trying to provide insight into the Tacoma market in general. There are always exceptions to the rule, but big tires and flexy suspensions are the name of the game for the vast majority in this community, not sporty handling. There are a lot of us who commute in our heavily off-road focused trucks, and we do not want or expect them to handle like a sports car.

Last edited:
My taco is my daily, and i commute about 10 miles each way. i have the sway bar out and it gives me more body role, but i prefer it doesnt feel so stiff, which i dont like. My only complaint really is that it is sluggish in my commute.

Back