• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

On board Co2

Lord Humongous

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
http://www.exploringoverland.com/overland-tech-travel/2016/3/25/3izopxom72k7p3vxpvjtfuhk7ouscc

So I've been trying to chase down a slow air leak in my airbag system. Ive sprayed the lines, fittings and bags with soapy water with no luck. Last week I used my my arb compressor to add some air to the bags and miraculously the leak fixed itself? This makes allot sense after reading the above. My last couple camping trips I was being lazy and filling the bags with Co2 because, well it's right there and I just needed to turn the valve on and fill...

I've never noticed any issues using Co2 with my tires aside from ridiculously fast inflation. I just need to take the extra step of turning of on the compressor for the airbags..

I use CO2 for inflation and a small HF compressor as a backup in case a run out. I would honestly have a hard time noticing this as the tires are one pressure in the morning, different in the afternoon or after driving, depending on how you park - the sunny side tires may be higher and then there is the elevation change between phx, tucson, flagstaff, payson, etc... I deflate tires almost every weekend when out either in the jeep or the taco so there is that too. I figure as long as I am around 35-ish PSI while on the road and no tire is more than 3 psi off for too long, I should be fine.

Upvote 0
Yeah I dont really think it's any issue with truck tires. Probably something to watch out for on atv tires and thinner walled airbags lol.

Upvote 0
http://www.exploringoverland.com/overland-tech-travel/2016/3/25/3izopxom72k7p3vxpvjtfuhk7ouscc

So I've been trying to chase down a slow air leak in my airbag system. Ive sprayed the lines, fittings and bags with soapy water with no luck. Last week I used my my arb compressor to add some air to the bags and miraculously the leak fixed itself? This makes allot sense after reading the above. My last couple camping trips I was being lazy and filling the bags with Co2 because, well it's right there and I just needed to turn the valve on and fill...

I've never noticed any issues using Co2 with my tires aside from ridiculously fast inflation. I just need to take the extra step of turning of on the compressor for the airbags..
Airbag leak I had the same problem soapy water did nothing , what I did do was purchase a 1/4 hose cutter ,"used flat top side cutters first time" did that and puked the hose and reseated them and I haven't had a issue yet

Upvote 0
Back