• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OME/Eibach springs on 5100's question

Spock

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
OME states in their application sheet that their springs will only fit their own shocks. Toytec also states this on the product page. Eibach also states this. However, a note one their page states that "Extended travel shocks are required" but also "Must be used with Eibach Pro-Truck shocks".

So, are both companies simply trying to sell you their brand of shock? Or is there something actually different about the spring design that either will not fit a Bilstein 5100?

I've got 5100's and I was leaning toward the 2886's but I'm open to the Eibach's if the updated OME springs are different

I'm far from an expert but have been doing a lot of lift research. There are different companies like headstrong offroad that sell kits with the 5100s and OME springs. They wouldn't be able to do that if it wouldnt work together. Plus a lot of memebers here that have 5100s and upgraded springs.

I just ordered 2885s from wheelers. Josh there told me they put them together all the time. Other forum folks say that you can't preload them. My thought is that OME is doing just that by increasing the length of the spring (ex. 2888) without changing shock length. I'll try out the 2885 on the 0 slot or the next ring up. If I need to I'll add a 1/4" hat spacer to maintain my 3" lift so I can continue to clear 285s

Back