• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OME 3” and 5100s

duncsquicksand

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Quicksand
I want a little more than 3” on my truck. I’m thinking OME 3” lift springs and bilstein 5100s set on second notch to provide 3.6” in front with a toytec 1.5-2” AAL in rear. My question is the notorious “preloading” concerns. I don’t do much off-roading and when I do I’m just hitting light trails, no rock crawling. Thinking about also adding a 1” differential drop and extended bump stops to potentially help with not damaging shocks and getting close to stock geometry. Does anyone have any advice on my proposed setup? Pros/Cons?

I have a 2018 Tacoma Sport 4x4 Double Cab Auto

I also plan to use light racing UCAs up front to help on alignment adjustments. Want to go 285/70r17 on pro wheels.

Back