• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

[Official] Valley Tuning Thread

Can you tell me the steps to do this with best results?

Quoted from tonered. I've done it this way when updating my ECU ID.

Launch TS, connect, and find the Reset functions.
fetch

DTC Reset, the Learned Value (LV) Reset, and the AT Reset, if you got one.
DTC Reset:
fetch

LV Reset:
fetch

AT Reset:
fetch

111.PNG

Last edited:
This is a reminder to myself to come back and write some information on why I wouldn’t recommend the @TermLimits tune.

Every Tacoma Owner i've tuned is very Happy with their Valley Runner tune. From a Stock Tacoma, lifted Tacoma to an Overland Tacoma with Cap, Tent & Camping Gear. 1000+ LBS. I do follow up on Customers.

Go on my IG - yotatuner
see live reactions

Victor - YotaTuneR

Reminder ping.
The tune made the truck's acceleration fun but actual driving was rough. MPG took a huge hit (10-14 with OVTune compared to 7-10 with their tune). 55 MPH was around 3000 RPM and 80 MPH like 4500 RPM, whereas OVTune gives me around 1800 RPM and 2500 RPM respectively.

I have a post with more accurate numbers that I'll have to find.

Reminder ping.
Found this post of mine:

This is my review as of right now:

Unfortunately, moving from the OVTune 2.0 tune to this one was a pretty significant downgrade for my use case and I need to flash back to OVTune when I can (but I don’t have my original file anymore).

The Valley Tune does pack more of a punch when you tap the gas. It feels like it might be fun for mobbing through the desert at 10-30 mph. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’d probably enjoy it.

That wasn’t what I needed though. I was looking for a tune that cruises well at highway speeds and might have better mpg than the OVTune I was using (not because I expect decent mpg with my truck, but spending less time stopping for gas is nice).

Comparing the numbers, the OVTune was better for me— someone living on the road while traveling the country:

OVTune 2.0 city mpg: 11-13.5
OVTune 2.0 highway mpg: 13-15.4

Valley Tune city mpg: 10-11
Valley Tune highway mpg: 8.5-10.3

OVTune 2.0 RPM at 65-80 mph: 2,000-2,500
Valley Tune RPM at 65-80 mph: 4,000 almost constantly

OVTune 2.0 gear hunting compared to stock: Great
Valley Tune gear hunting compared to stock: Poor (similar to stock)

This feedback is based on a very heavy truck (still need to weigh it), 5.29 gears, 37” tires. My truck isn’t meant to have nice numbers to begin with but the tunes are relative and the differences feel huge.

Back