• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Not starting when engines hot

Avgtaco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tacoma trd sport and it just now started to have an issue that when the engine is hot it won’t fire back up if turned off it’ll crank fine as if nothing is truly wrong with battery and spark plugs I have to jump it to get it going again it is throwing 3-4 codes; being idle air control sensor and boot 1,2 are lean. Can’t think of anything wrong cleaned throttle bottle and air intake dumped a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in no luck im new to this forum but any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DF0D913E-D5A7-4488-9D21-8688A0A122E5.jpeg
    DF0D913E-D5A7-4488-9D21-8688A0A122E5.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 69
Can I clarify a bit?

After warming up to usual running temperature (210-220), and turning it off, it won't immediately restart? (Yes/no?)

And it will restart at that same moment if you jump it off?

You've replaced spark plugs and boots, cleaned throttle body and air intake, as well as used a tank with fuel additive and still no change?

Upvote 0
Yes, I have not replaced spark plugs nor the boots but have cleaned TB and the air intake put gas cleaner in and drove to drain the tank still no change correct

Upvote 0
Can I clarify a bit?

After warming up to usual running temperature (210-220), and turning it off, it won't immediately restart? (Yes/no?)

And it will restart at that same moment if you jump it off?

You've replaced spark plugs and boots, cleaned throttle body and air intake, as well as used a tank with fuel additive and still no change?
First two paragraphs. Yes? No?

Upvote 0
So if it jumps off, I think you're looking at either an electrical connection issue somewhere between the starter to the battery that may be corroded, and when heated (and therefore expanding) is having problems connecting, creating more resistance and making your truck think there are sensor issues.

Or it's a bad battery. Hope that's it. I'd check the battery first.

Upvote 0
Yah I checked the battery thank you I’ll look into sensors battery is good at 13.8

Upvote 0
Back