• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SoCal Nobody's Tuning - YotaWerx SoCal tune install service - authorized VF Pro Tuner

Hello, let me know when you will be driving by West Texas if you do.
I'm in El Paso and have been tuning the tacos since last June. Coyoza_Tuning

Post frequently in the local El Paso Yotaholics page and in the 3GT page on Facebook

Last edited:
Hi all!! I'm now doing authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma.

This software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

We all know the Achilles heel and bane of our driving experience is the neurotic shifting of the OE Tacoma shift programming. It's insane and is enough to drive any owner to consider selling the truck. But don't do that!! There is a cure.

OVtune reprograms the ECU and TCU software to a much, much better performing system that will make you fall in love with your truck all over again.

I am now offering flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

How can I do this? I figured out how to install and understand the software over the last couple of years of running the same software on my own truck. Now I am authorized by OVTune to install directly to other users trucks.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I install the tune onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what time best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

For further details feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to schedule you an appointment in the San Diego area, or maybe meet up when I'm in the road traveling.

Thanks for looking and hit me up!!

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in there area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
Hi traveler dude. I live in East Texas. 2019 tacoma needs an ov tune for sure. Let me know

Hi all!! I'm now doing authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma.

This software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

We all know the Achilles heel and bane of our driving experience is the neurotic shifting of the OE Tacoma shift programming. It's insane and is enough to drive any owner to consider selling the truck. But don't do that!! There is a cure.

OVtune reprograms the ECU and TCU software to a much, much better performing system that will make you fall in love with your truck all over again.

I am now offering flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

How can I do this? I figured out how to install and understand the software over the last couple of years of running the same software on my own truck. Now I am authorized by OVTune to install directly to other users trucks.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I install the tune onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what time best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

For further details feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to schedule you an appointment in the San Diego area, or maybe meet up when I'm in the road traveling.

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in there area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
Let me know when you are in San Jose Ca.

Let me know when your in SoCal

Hello I’m new to this website and I wanted to ask. Do you know if anyone is do the OVtune anywhere in the Texas area? Thank you.

Hi all!! I'm now doing fully authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma. I am a registered VF Pro Tuner and am featured on the VF website as such.

OVTune software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

I am now offering legal flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I just install the tune directly onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what tune best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in their area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
I am interested in getting a Ovtune install the on my 2017 Tacoma 4 x 4 double cab as well. I drive down to San Diego about once a month I should be there mid to late November. Seeing if we could hook up and how much does it cost and how long does it take thanks. You can text me 831-254-5202

Hi all!! I'm now doing fully authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma. I am a registered VF Pro Tuner and am featured on the VF website as such.

OVTune software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

I am now offering legal flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I just install the tune directly onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what tune best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in their area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
Any recommendations for OVtuners in Massachusetts?

Any recommendations for OVtuners in Massachusetts?

Here is the list of authorized Pro Tuners. I'd recommend everyone look there for trustworthy tuning, however it doesn't look like there is anyone in the Massachusetts area at this time.

I am new to learning more about performance Tunes.... are there other types/ recommended tune approaches (in new england, is what i am getting at;)
Thank You .. if you hear of any OV or other- love to know...

I am new to learning more about performance Tunes.... are there other types/ recommended tune approaches (in new england, is what i am getting at;)
Thank You .. if you hear of any OV or other- love to know...

It looks like your nearest Pro tuner is the same as @DanB .

They would be https://vftuner.com/a/store-locator/master-yota-llc.html

I don't know them personally and can't specifically vouch for them, but I have heard of them and I haven't heard anything negative. So give them a shot.

Bump just to let everyone know I am still tuning. I do not post here all that often and my responses may be delayed. It is best to get a hold of me through my Instagram @traveling_nobodys

Did a little reflash for a customer yesterday. He had upgraded to 5.29 gears. Now he's got the correct shift points to optimize his gear install.

Shoot me a message to get your truck dialed in in the SoCal/San Diego area. 😎🤙🏼

PXL_20220719_191609722.MP.jpg

Thank you @salttram for trusting me with tuning your new Tacoma!! I hope you enjoyed the drive home!!

PXL_20220721_230259584.MP.jpg

@salttram truck needed a software update of the factory file. His truck was running software that was behind by 3 updates! Basically dealerships that his truck had been to did not update his software. So I went ahead and updated his truck to the latest factory software version, and then put together a file for him consisting of...

• 87 Octane
  • 33" tires
  • Gear Lock
  • AGM battery settings
This file should give him the customization needed to utilize his rig "Foot Down," exactly as he desires. As a Baja exploration rig to support his runs down the coast.

If the above kind of tune interests you then feel free to send me a message!! I would be happy to walk you through the process of selecting your perfect tune. 😎👍

Thank you @salttram for trusting me with tuning your new Tacoma!! I hope you enjoyed the drive home!!

@salttram truck needed a software update of the factory file. His truck was running software that was behind by 3 updates! Basically dealerships that his truck had been to did not update his software. So I went ahead and updated his truck to the latest factory software version, and then put together a file for him consisting of...

• 87 Octane
  • 33" tires
  • Gear Lock
  • AGM battery settings
This file should give him the customization needed to utilize his rig "Foot Down," exactly as he desires. As a Baja exploration rig to support his runs down the coast.

If the above kind of tune interests you then feel free to send me a message!! I would be happy to walk you through the process of selecting your perfect tune. 😎👍
If you're ever in the southeast....

If you're ever in the southeast....

You never know. I may be at some point. 😁

Realistically though I'm sure there's someone out there closer. If anyone reading this tunes out in Mississippi, hook this man up!!

• 87 Octane
  • 33" tires
  • Gear Lock
  • AGM battery settings

Loving the tune Mr. Nobody

• 87 Octane
  • 33" tires
  • Gear Lock
  • AGM battery settings

we LOVED the drive home! Really happy with the tune I got from Mr. Nobody. Amazingly better throttle response and shift points. This is my first slush-box Tacoma, and I was ready for the compromises of an automatic transmission. I drive pretty conservatively both on and off road, but I'm rarely afraid to tackle a rough pitch when I have to. I was all ready to accept those compromises, until I saw Mr. Nobody's posts about his tune. So glad I looked him up and got the new tune for my 2016 OR he offers. The transmission just "DOES what I want it to, WHEN I want it to" which makes me very happy.

Loving the tune Mr. Nobody

we LOVED the drive home! Really happy with the tune I got from Mr. Nobody. Amazingly better throttle response and shift points. This is my first slush-box Tacoma, and I was ready for the compromises of an automatic transmission. I drive pretty conservatively both on and off road, but I'm rarely afraid to tackle a rough pitch when I have to. I was all ready to accept those compromises, until I saw Mr. Nobody's posts about his tune. So glad I looked him up and got the new tune for my 2016 OR he offers. The transmission just "DOES what I want it to, WHEN I want it to" which makes me very happy.

Thank you for the amazing review!! I'm super glad you are enjoying the tune!!

I am interested in getting a Ovtune install the on my 2017 Tacoma 4 x 4 double cab as well. I drive down to San Diego about once a month I should be there mid to late November. Seeing if we could hook up and how much does it cost and how long does it take thanks. You can text me 831-254-5202
Hi traveler dude. I live in East Texas. 2019 tacoma needs an ov tune for sure. Let me know
hey I’m in the Massachusetts area is there any chance I could get my 2016 tacoma ov tune please let me know im very interested

hey I’m in the Massachusetts area is there any chance I could get my 2016 tacoma ov tune please let me know im very interested

Hi there. I know there are tuners on the east coast, but I don't know any personally. I am sure if you check some of the local Facebook groups or search here on T3G you'll find someone. Sorry I can't be much more help.

Back