• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to Toyota, Quicksand TRD offroad

jchooley13

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Picked up my 2019 Quicksand TRD Off Road last weekend. Like I said new to Toyota's and Tacoma's. But I'm coming from a 07 Subaru WRX (still have it) so I'm used to a little off roading and getting my vehicle dirty:LOL:

Probably only going to do exterior mods (for now). So far I have, the pro grill, a light bar, HIDs and some vinyl overlays sitting at home waiting for my weekend off to install.

Looking forward to meeting a new type of community.

the day I got it

Exterior:
Cali Raised Led Fuax Pro Grill
AVS Low Profile Rain Guards
Victory 4x4 Mid height Bed Rack
Black Plastic Read Bumper Caps
TVD Vinyl badge Overlays
OEM Bed Mat
Meso Customs Headlight Trim

Interior:
Clazzio Seat Covers
Meso Customs Black Trim Kit
Meso Customs Key Fob
Victory 4x4 Center Console Molle Panels
TVD Vinyl "Tacoma" Inlays
Amazon LED Dome and Map lights
Amazon Center Organizer and Tray
Amazon Cup Holder Liners

Lighting:
Cali Raised LED Raptor Lights
Cali Raised LED 30" Combo Light Bar
Meso Customs Ultimate Mirror Signals
Meso Customs Stage 1 LED Tailight
Morimoto 5500K HID Kit
Morimoto LED Fog Lights
Hikari LED High Beams

Awaiting Install:
Baja Designs 40" Light Bar
Victory 4x4 Cab Rack

Ordered/Coming Soon:
Ironman 4x4 RTT

Otherwise Stock

and the Subie,

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, looking forward to the pics!

Enjoy the group, it’s loaded with tons of useful info ?

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new truck and we are looking forward to your photos.

Caliraised Faux Pro Grille, Raptor lights and 32" hidden LED light bar

HIDs
I love the hidden light bar behind the grille like that. And you did 4 Raptor lights, compared to the usual 3 most people do. Looks nice.

I love the hidden light bar behind the grille like that. And you did 4 Raptor lights, compared to the usual 3 most people do. Looks nice.
It's not a raptor so I went with the four it came with. Kidding, I did put three in but I didn't like the spacing to have them centered so I went with four to keep them spaced evenly.

Added heating elements to the seats, clazzio seat covers and LED interior lights. Still have to wire up the heaters, Way too hot this past weekend.

What did you use for your interior LED's? I have a 2019 Offroad and I really want to do a full led swap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KBF3WP1/?tag=tacoma3g-20

I feel the map lights are the perfect brightness, the dome light could be brighter, the vanity lights are too bright, and the license plate lights put a little bit of glare in the backup camera. Overall I'm happy with the set though.

Just installed them and it was incredibly easy and didnt have to worry about the dome light fitment as some people have mentioned for the 2019. I do wish they would mark the +/- so I didnt have to keep flipping the damn lamps.

Were you able to get the map lights out easy? I found it easiest to just remove the whole unit and remove the lamps from behind. I couldn't get a grip on them otherwise.

Just installed them and it was incredibly easy and didnt have to worry about the dome light fitment as some people have mentioned for the 2019. I do wish they would mark the +/- so I didnt have to keep flipping the damn lamps.

Were you able to get the map lights out easy? I found it easiest to just remove the whole unit and remove the lamps from behind. I couldn't get a grip on them otherwise.
That's what's up, hope you're happy with it. I took the whole unit out

Today, my truck wouldn't start on my lunch. Low oil pressure and ATF temp high. I don't understand how the fluid temp could be high when the truck was sitting for 4.5hrs. Only 3922 Miles on the truck needless to say I'm pissed. After waiting a few more hours I was able to start it, but it wouldn't rev over 1500RPM. Limped it to a better spot for a tow.

After doing some research I've seen "dented" transmission oil pans can cause this. I crawled under and seen no dents also took pictures.

Also, seen it could be a bad crank position sensor.

So far that's all I know, anything else I should look out for?

Today, my truck wouldn't start on my lunch. Low oil pressure and ATF temp high. I don't understand how the fluid temp could be high when the truck was sitting for 4.5hrs. Only 3922 Miles on the truck needless to say I'm pissed. After waiting a few more hours I was able to start it, but it wouldn't rev over 1500RPM. Limped it to a better spot for a tow.

After doing some research I've seen "dented" transmission oil pans can cause this. I crawled under and seen no dents also took pictures.

Also, seen it could be a bad crank position sensor.

So far that's all I know, anything else I should look out for?

What year truck?

Looking to add heated seats to mine, which ones did you use and if you have wired them up how do you like them?

Looking to add heated seats to mine, which ones did you use and if you have wired them up how do you like them?

I've installed the heating elements but haven't wire it up yet. It's been way to hot for that kind of project. Off hand I can't remember, I added them to my order when I ordered my seat covers.

Got the truck back from the dealer today. They couldn't replicate the faults. They started a case file for me but said if it happens again put everything back to factory so Toyota can follow up on it. Somehow, Toyota suspects it's my Meso key fob that caused it.?

Got the truck back from the dealer today. They couldn't replicate the faults. They started a case file for me but said if it happens again put everything back to factory so Toyota can follow up on it. Somehow, Toyota suspects it's my Meso key fob that caused it.?

Interesting that they think it's the Meso Key fob, did they give any reason for that thought? Plenty of us have them so if it becomes an issue I'm sure we will hear more about it. Recently after 5 months (starting around 5k miles) of no cruise control, stability control, and my crawl control not working, Toyota finally figured it out so I know the frustration!

Interesting that they think it's the Meso Key fob, did they give any reason for that thought? Plenty of us have them so if it becomes an issue I'm sure we will hear more about it. Recently after 5 months (starting around 5k miles) of no cruise control, stability control, and my crawl control not working, Toyota finally figured it out so I know the frustration!

It could be blocking the smart keys signal so it doesn't start properly.

Back