• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New to Taco’s not to off-roading!

Tacomadad18

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Picked up my first Tacoma a few months ago. 2018 SR5 in Barcelona red. Took it right off the show room floor ?. I’ve had jeeps in the past and to be honest I plan on taking it offroad sometime. Might not be too crazy for some of you but a 30k truck, wife will definitely be frowning lol.

I bought the SR5 after looking at the TRDs and the price difference was not logical to me since, I plan on doing the same exact things with proven aftermarket parts, for less money! I hope I am not wrong there. To me building it will be more fun than buying it off the lot.

Eventually I’ll lift it and put some aggressive tires on it and take it off road. Trying to wear off the newness first. Someone hit the truck month ago, so it will have a new steel rear bumper the first of the year!
5124C010-1710-4A1A-BC7F-D6E53FAD13AE.jpeg

Hell yeah! Welcome to the forum.

I love the color - sometimes I wish I went with that color. And there's nothing wrong with getting the SR5 for the exact reason you stated. Sometimes I wish I did that too and just built it up the way I would've anyway. Congrats on the truck and thank you for the sticker purchase!

Oh, and good luck wearing out the stock tires before you upgrade to new ones... that'll never happen, lol. You'll definitely be itching for bigger tires before ~50,000 miles. $$$

Thanks! Not a problem, I try to support any pages/ forums that put forth the effort to organize things like this.

Yeah I’ve been asking the wife every day to buy some new tires, she’s the kind that likes to use everything to it’s potential, and then then it needs replacing to buy the best lol. So soon I’ll have new ones once she sees they are wearing she’ll approve.

I’ll be spending lots of time on here I’m sure!

Thanks! Not a problem, I try to support any pages/ forums that put forth the effort to organize things like this.

Yeah I’ve been asking the wife every day to buy some new tires, she’s the kind that likes to use everything to it’s potential, and then then it needs replacing to buy the best lol. So soon I’ll have new ones once she sees they are wearing she’ll approve.

I’ll be spending lots of time on here I’m sure!
This forum is defenitly awesome in my opinion,

Great decision on the sr5 at the end of the day it’s your choice and your money so don’t let anyone tell you other wise as well ? love the color by the way and congrats on the purchase :)!

Thanks! Red is a hard color for me to pass up, especially when it has lots of black accents lol salesman didn’t have to “sell” me on anything. Best thing about my purchase was it was all done through emails, online and less than 45 min in the dealership (which is a blessing, due to two little kids). Easiest purchase ever.

I look forward to being here!

Back