• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New product! TOTAL CHAOS Hitch Skid

TOTAL CHAOS

chaosfab.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
New product! TOTAL CHAOS Hitch Skid

TOYOTA HITCH SKID PLATE

PART# 48420
PRICE $149.00

- Protects receiver and chain safety tabs from contact damage on the trail.
- Skid plate is designed to prevent hitch hang ups while climbing or ascending in rocks and ditches.
- Universal design fits all OEM Toyota receivers for: 2003+ 4Runner | 2005+ Tacoma | 2007+ Tundra | 2007+ FJ's | 2003+ Lexus GX 470/460
- Features a 3/16" steel skid plate.
- Installs with any hitch pin. (Not Included)
- Powder coated black.

Email info@chaosfab.com to order or visit one of our AUTHORIZED DEALERS

Such a good idea. Idk why no one else came up with this. I’ve hung my hitch up so many times! Awesome product!

Here is an underside shot :)

As you can see, we use ours

48420-installed04.jpg

Are you still making these? I want one for Moab!

There are other companies that make trailer hitch skid plates …Curt, Supreme suspensions..- has a place for D-ring…$149.00…. I like there’s because it is wider…then Total chaos.. Supreme Suspension also has a nice step…see pictures below…
Great for Long beds , like mines..TRD -long bed..2019…
Aloha

Attachments

• 48C180F7-2426-42FB-8C2D-D0E28BA1CABA.jpeg
    48C180F7-2426-42FB-8C2D-D0E28BA1CABA.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 107
@Lava road, I appreciate the feedback. But most of those hitch skids stick out too far. I like how close this one sits.
It looks like it may not fit the Taco though. I have an inquiry into TC to find out.

Back