• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New guy suspension question

bpetroni

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 back in November and must say I love this truck. Took it out on a moderate run today and there was a guy with Tundra that was running Rough Country suspension and loved it. The Jeep guys we were out with really bagged on Rough Country. Question, this is my daily driver so I don't want to go too crazy on it but I hope to eventually get bigger tires and upgrade to upgrade the front bumper. I was looking at the Rough Country 2" leveling struts and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them on our trucks? I have also been looking at the Bilstein 6112's or 5100's with OME coils. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211211_105209.jpg
    20211211_105209.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 67
Lots of people have 5100s and enjoy them, what ever lift you end up getting my only suggestion is do it right the first time. Buy once, cry once. Instead of putting in blocks or pucks, just spend the money and get new leafs and springs. You will be happier over the long run.

Lots of people have 5100s and enjoy them, what ever lift you end up getting my only suggestion is do it right the first time. Buy once, cry once. Instead of putting in blocks or pucks, just spend the money and get new leafs and springs. You will be happier over the long run.
Thanks for replying I appreciate the advice

Back