• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Need advice on tire upgrade

YotaCampingPDX

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCLB Auto
White
I'm looking to upgrade my tires next and need some advice. I'm currently running the stock 265/65/17's and want to upgrade to KO2's. What's the biggest tire you recommend so I won't rub at all? I don't have a lift yet, but planning on doing that after the tires. Open for all suggestions as this is my first build. Thank you.

Dipped.jpg

Suspension before tires. Don’t put the cart before the horse.
This. I would just hold off until you lift the truck if you can help it.

If the stock tires are getting you stuck or holding you back and you really can't afford suspension upgrades any time soon, you can generally fit a 265/70R17 on the stock suspension and stock wheels without rubbing. And in some cases, they will still rub a little. There are a lot of factors that go in to tire scrub, so no one can tell you definitively what will work or not with 100% certainty. 265/70s aren't enough of an increase to justify doing it for the size, only for grip, stone ejection, etc., in other words the things you might be looking for if you need better tires right now.

I'm running 265/70/17 KO2's (C) on a stock TRD OR and am very happy with them if that helps any.

Back