• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

N2 Designs - 3rd Gen Remote Start (AT / MT)

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Hello!

I want to preface this post with, I am not a vendor for N2 Designs. All purchasing and customer support will be handled by Jimmy (jayrobot on TW) through either his website, email or phone. This is an informational post for those who may be interested in a completely plug and play* remote start system for their 3rd Generation (2016 - 2019) Toyota Tacoma.

N2 Designs is the ONLY company in which has a remote start for the 3rd Generation MANUAL TRANSMISSION Tacoma! That's right all you MT guys, the days of cold asses and frozen trucks are over.

So lets talk what the kit offers! Below I've broken down the different variations that he offers based on key / ignition style.

2016 - 2019 Base Model

This kit is for the base model, non push to start, non hard key. N2 Designs is the ONLY company offering plug and play remote starts for the Standard Key! This kit provides the following.
  • (2) 4-Button FOBs which allows remote power door locks to unlock, lock, start and stop the engine.
  • FOB also controls remote hazard lights by holding the "Lock" button for 3 seconds.
  • Long Range (half mile) access w/ two-way LED light and audible indication.
  • Smartphone controlled module which can do all of the above including incredibly accurate GPS Location. (Sold Separately.)

2016 - 2019 Hard Key (HKey - See Photo Below)

This kit is for models in which have the HKey / Hard Key which look like below (key w/ fob built).
  • 100%* Plug & Play 3x Remote Start Kit (one wire cut).
  • No Additional FOB needed, use your factory HKey to start and stop your Tacoma.
  • Smartphone controlled module which can do all of the above including incredibly accurate GPS Location. (Sold Separately.)

2016 - 2019 Hard Key Manual Transmission (HKey - See Photo Below)

• 100%* Plug & Play 3x Remote Start Kit (one wire cut, one wire tap).
  • No Additional FOB needed, use your factory HKey to start and stop your Manual Transmission Tacoma.
  • Only company offering plug and play remote start for Manual Transmission Tacomas!

2016 - 2019 Push To Start / Smart Key (Automatic Transmission)

• 100% Plug & Play 3x Remote Start
  • No Additional FOB needed, use your factory smart key to start and stop your vehicle w/ 3 presses of the lock button.

The Smartphone module is an add-on but in my opinion one of the best, I can control everything over 4G cellular network. In addition, it offers an incredibly accurate (in my opinion) GPS Locating. The module is incredibly easy to use, simply plug and play, program it to the remote start and setup the application on your phone and you're squared away! I have to still confirm this however, I believe there is a $39.99 annual fee for the application subscription.

* Sales Tax only for CA Residents.
* Shipping limited to US & Canada.
* Smartphone / Smart App Module only for US Customers.

To purchase, please visit https://www.n2designsinc.com/shop - use the code N2RMFREESHIP and receive free shipping for your entire order.

If you have any questions, I'll gladly attempt to answer them if I don't have an answer I will either get you the answer or refer you to Jimmy!

HKey Reference :

View attachment 9196

Harness 1.png
Harness 2.png

Last edited:
I would like to take the moment to welcome @N2DesignsInc to the forums, Jimmy is the owner of the company and one hell of a customer service representative. If anyone has any questions, they're welcome to ask them here and either I or Jimmy will gladly answer them or you're welcome to use his website linked in the original post!

28* outside as we speak and snowing...love that I'm able to start my vehicle from inside the comfort of my work chair from my cellphone!

Looks like a killer kit. ?

Remote start has been on the want list for quite some time.

Looks like a killer kit. ?

Remote start has been on the want list for quite some time.

It is so worth it, we recently had -23* weather here so warming up the truck was a must. I had to work at 0600 and getting my ass out of bed to get dressed, warm the truck, then have the will power to go back out to said truck.... wasn't going to happen.

Just picked up my cell phone from bed, started that beast and it was great. Warm and toasty when I came out.

I did get a new code, I've updated the original posting but it calls for free shipping for you which is a great deal. The code is N2RMFREESHIP - I'm told the code is fully functional so let me know if you have any issues.

Back