• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Moostache Ride

Now for the important stuff...

1.png

OR

2.png

They're both awesome. Personally, I can't get over paying for vanity plates. It's not even that I'm cheap, it's that the government already robs me of enough my money haha

Stepson is Air Force so the new Luke plates are the first choice. I wish I could still get the old style ones like here: https://www.brandywinegeneralstore.com/products/1998-arizona-license-plate

Definitely liking the colors on the Public Safety ones though, and the money for both goes to a good place.
the government has plenty of money, Luke plates go to the MWR, its the small places like the public safety plates that need the money imo, they donate the money to public safety or like the fallen officer plate, that money goes to the families of fallen officers, also thanks to deployment no registration fees for a year!!

Nice and stiff now. Never really paid attention to welds until I found these sites, but TC does such a great job I'm surprised there is ZERO branding on these at all, well, besides the 16 stickers I got, lol.

82A04yZ.jpg

Last edited:
Time to start suspension shopping. BP-51s would be my first choice, though that feels like more of an endgame for this truck for us at the moment... however, I’d like to avoid buying something cheaper, then ripping it off and going with the former anyway... I like the idea of icon stages: can start with a stage 2 and add what I need from there. Hell, stage 2 might be all I ever need. Thoughts? Most likely only moving up to 32s for the time being, unsure of 70/17 or 75/16, but that’s neither here nor there at this point.

What I do know, is I definitely want some better road manners out of this truck right now...

Jerry will say go Icon...
I will say go Fox!....

BP-51s ... not sure, haven't heard much feedback on em personally.

and go 34"s!

Jerry will say go Icon...
I will say go Fox!....

BP-51s ... not sure, haven't heard much feedback on em personally.

and go 34"s!

Thanks for the input, now I got something else to look into ;) I did drive a Pro and enjoyed that ride much more than an OR, I just couldn't justify the cost plus the 0.9% they were running didn't apply to them... For 10k less I can have an OR and put that money into a fancy suspension.

Thanks for the input, now I got something else to look into ;) I did drive a Pro and enjoyed that ride much more than an OR, I just couldn't justify the cost plus the 0.9% they were running didn't apply to them... For 10k less I can have an OR and put that money into a fancy suspension.
exactly !

Moved, job stuff all settled, finally did something with the truck. Who wants to teach me how to install suspension soon?

SRPeJcK.jpg

Which suspension did you go with? I have the BP-51's and they are pretty awesome. 70 mph on dirt roads and you feel like you are gliding. On road they are predictable and ride great. I dig them a lot.

Which suspension did you go with? I have the BP-51's and they are pretty awesome. 70 mph on dirt roads and you feel like you are gliding. On road they are predictable and ride great. I dig them a lot.

I was thinking of going with the OME kit, then I found another kit I was interested in (from the TW forums), I'm trying ot find the post to share the information here....

I went backwards, I haven't picked up my suspension yet... I'm caught between the want for capability and the need for weekend warrior stuff... The BP-51s were my first choice, but they are indeed a pretty penny. I've been looking at some of the lower end Icon and Fox as well, so lots to read up on in the meantime.

I went backwards, I haven't picked up my suspension yet... I'm caught between the want for capability and the need for weekend warrior stuff... The BP-51s were my first choice, but they are indeed a pretty penny. I've been looking at some of the lower end Icon and Fox as well, so lots to read up on in the meantime.

I hear ya. I was in the same predicament. We ended up deciding based off the buy once cry once philosophy. Short of a long travel kit and custom SUA leaf setup, the BP-51's we're about as good for my needs as I could get.

I hear ya. I was in the same predicament. We ended up deciding based off the buy once cry once philosophy. Short of a long travel kit and custom SUA leaf setup, the BP-51's we're about as good for my needs as I could get.

Yeah, as I dig in more and more they're starting to look like the best long term solution again.

Yeah, as I dig in more and more they're starting to look like the best long term solution again.

That's what I figured. Especially with the 3 year factory warranty. Way better than any other competitor.

I've always heard buy quality now so you don't have to rebuy quality later on down the road when junk breaks.

That's what I figured. Especially with the 3 year factory warranty. Way better than any other competitor.
I've always heard buy quality now so you don't have to rebuy quality later on down the road when junk breaks.

Ha, neither of you are helping me save money!

Finally got the suspension installed, super happy with the ride now. Just on road so far, weather permitting, going out again this weekend!

Fox 2.5 ext travel front coilovers
SPC UCAs
Fox 2.0 ext travel rear
OME Med duty rear

The rear definitely went up more than expected with the mediums, so we'll see what happens when it's loaded up.

Finally got the suspension installed, super happy with the ride now. Just on road so far, weather permitting, going out again this weekend!

Fox 2.5 ext travel front coilovers
SPC UCAs
Fox 2.0 ext travel rear
OME Med duty rear

The rear definitely went up more than expected with the mediums, so we'll see what happens when it's loaded up.

How are you liking the Fox suspension? What size tires are you running? Any rubbing? Oh yeah, the truck looks sick!

How are you liking the Fox suspension? What size tires are you running? Any rubbing? Oh yeah, the truck looks sick!

Working fabulous! 265/70/17 for now, working great for me as well, actually ran them on stock suspension for a while with no issues at all.

Back