• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

mgmyota's TRD off-road build

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hey all, welcome to my build page. My build will definitely take time to "complete", but it will be a ton of fun to build up. Bought the truck in may of 2019 and plan to keep and enjoy it for a long time to come.

Suspension
  • Fox 2.5 DSC coilovers
  • Fox 2.5 DSC 12" shocks
  • Camburg Kinetik series billet upper control arms
  • Deaver u-402 leaf springs stage 1
  • Archive garage hammer hangers with 3.6" shackles
  • Archive garage high clearance cross tube
  • Archive garage U-bolt flip kit
  • Archive garage shock relocation towers
  • Archive garage wheel sensor skids
  • Locked off-road 2.0 bolt on bump stop kit

Wheels & Tires
  • SCS matte dark bronze ray 10 wheels 17x8.5 -10mm offset
  • SCS ET thread splice lug nuts
  • Nitto ridge grappler 285/75 R17

Brakes
- Crown performance rear +4" extended brake lines

Drivetrain
  • Nitro 5.29 gears
  • ECGS clamshell bushing

Lighting
  • Baja designs fog light kit, amber (non SAE)
  • Baja designs squadron sport ditch lights
  • rago fab low pro ditch light brackets
  • Runnin4tacos smoked sequential turn signals

Electrical
  • Switch pros SP-9100
  • SDHQ Switch pros mount
  • Expedition essentials 3TPAM with wire cover plate
  • Power trays switch pro vertical mount with blue sea accessory bundle
  • Odyssey extreme group 34r battery
  • SDHQ billet battery terminals
  • SDHQ battery tie down kit

Exterior
  • AVS in channel window visors
  • Runnin4tacos TRD pro grill
  • Runnin4tacos smoked amber grill lights
  • anytime camera full kit with front camera
  • Mountain hatch tailgate insert
  • Softopper bed cover
  • Sherpa grand Teton roof rack
  • DRT Fab bed stiffeners

Interior
  • [amazon] JDMCAR glove box insert
  • [amazon] center console organizer and tray
  • The bracketeer fire extinguisher bracket (passenger side)
  • urpower dog seat cover (because I have 6 dogs)
  • various RAM mounts for my phone and ipad
  • Desert does it seat jackers with mmp
  • Goose Gear 40% seat delete
  • meso customs v2 dual color map lights
  • invictus offroad molle headrest covers

Recovery gear
  • Power tank 10lb
  • Power tank master blaster blow gun kit
  • Maxtrax
  • Krazy beaver shovel
  • Fiskars axe
  • Pro Eagle 2 ton jack

Armor/Misc.
  • JD Fab lower arm pivot kit
  • JD Fab UCA double shear kit
  • JD Fab front skid plate
  • Relentless fab CMC plates
  • DRT Fab spindle gusset

List updated 25 June 2023

Last edited:
A bit of a picture dump here of some of what I've done thus far

Attachments

• IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    525.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    510.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3065.JPG
    IMG_3065.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    631.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3266.JPG
    IMG_3266.JPG
    613.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3267.JPG
    IMG_3267.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3268.JPG
    IMG_3268.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_E1504.JPG
    IMG_E1504.JPG
    394.2 KB · Views: 182
  • OAIZ3685.JPG
    OAIZ3685.JPG
    709.6 KB · Views: 186
Some power trays goodness showed up today. Now I can clean up all my switch pros wiring and feel a lot better about how satisfying it looks lol. My girlfriend also gave me an early Christmas present and got me a mountain hatch tailgate insert. Got the thin red line flag one to show support for my firefighter homies as well 🤙. She's the best lol. Next upgrades happening to the truck are a power lock for the tailgate, the mountain hatch tailgate insert, then I'll knockout the power tray install. I will post pics of it all as well!

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 163
Parts are still coming in from my black friday shopping spree 😅. Hopefully I can get the rest of the suspension stuff in the near future and get it all installed!

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 167
I have been waiting 4 weeks now for front shocks
Yeah I’ve been starting to hear about the long wait times that are happening recently. I’m not in a huge hurry to get everything. Would like the suspension to be completed within a year from now though

Yeah I’ve been starting to hear about the long wait times that are happening recently. I’m not in a huge hurry to get everything. Would like the suspension to be completed within a year from now though
it took me a year to research, price, figure out what was best for me as well.

Finally received the desert does it seat jackers and mmp after my package was lost for a while. Quick and easy install. Moved my fire extinguisher to the passenger seat as well. Not the best pic but I'll have more once I start mounting stuff to it.

Attachments

• IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3376.jpg
    IMG_3376.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 203
While everyone was partying last night I spent my time installing my power trays and switch pros sp9100. I already had my switch pros installed so it took some time to pull that all out and start from scratch so to speak. All and all I'm very happy with the outcome and any new accessories will literally be just plug and play. I'm also thinking about doing a somewhat in depth write up on this because I had some trouble finding any great install threads on this. The one thread I did find that was very helpful and in depth is here . For the most part though this is a very straight forward install and takes just basic wiring tools and electrical knowledge. One piece of inspiration I took from Katies thread there is her idea of using waterproof connectors when installing accessories. Makes it much easier to remove if I need to swap out lights or whatever it may be. Noticed my battery is leaking as well because these factory batteries are trash. I plan on getting the SDHQ battery terminal upgrade kit soon as well as an odyssey extreme series either group 34r or maybe a 35.

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 173
Put an Odyssey extreme group 35 battery on order today as well as the SDHQ billet battery terminals to really finish off the electrical mods for now. Went with the group 35 so it's easier to drop in the dual battery setup from Off-grid engineering in the future. Also bought the Spiker hood strut kit and a tool bag from Blue ridge overland gear. Working on piecing together a tool kit to keep in the truck. The blue ridge bag will fit perfectly behind the driver side rear seat. When the blue ridge air tools bag comes back in stock I'll be picking that up as well to organize my power tank accessories better. An organized rig is a happy rig lol.

Finally got my fox shocks on order. Went with fox 2.5 front extended travel with dsc adjusters and rear 12" shocks with dsc to go with the archive garage rear shock relocation. Accutune said they should be getting a shipment of shocks in February so hopefully I wont have to wait very long. Also my deaver stage 1 leaf packs should be here this week as well.

Put an Odyssey extreme group 35 battery on order today as well as the SDHQ billet battery terminals to really finish off the electrical mods for now. Went with the group 35 so it's easier to drop in the dual battery setup from Off-grid engineering in the future. Also bought the Spiker hood strut kit and a tool bag from Blue ridge overland gear. Working on piecing together a tool kit to keep in the truck. The blue ridge bag will fit perfectly behind the driver side rear seat. When the blue ridge air tools bag comes back in stock I'll be picking that up as well to organize my power tank accessories better. An organized rig is a happy rig lol.
Where did you get the odyssey group 35???? Theyre sold out like everywhere!

Where did you get the odyssey group 35???? Theyre sold out like everywhere!
Probably explains why I’ve waited two weeks now and it still hasn’t shipped lol. Bought it from runnin4tacos. Might shoot them an email if I don’t hear anything by the end of the week to get an update though. I wasn’t aware they are so out of stock lol. Hopefully I can get one soon though. My truck is starting to sound a little weaker when I start it

Probably explains why I’ve waited two weeks now and it still hasn’t shipped lol. Bought it from runnin4tacos. Might shoot them an email if I don’t hear anything by the end of the week to get an update though. I wasn’t aware they are so out of stock lol. Hopefully I can get one soon though. My truck is starting to sound a little weaker when I start it
yeah odyssey themselves have been out of stock of those batteries for months now... Ive waited over a month for mine from rago fabrication and just canceled the order, I called odyssey and they said they dont know when theyll have them re-stocked. Most of these companies, like rago, dropship directly from odyssey, they dont actually carry stock themselves.

yeah odyssey themselves have been out of stock of those batteries for months now... Ive waited over a month for mine from rago fabrication and just canceled the order, I called odyssey and they said they dont know when theyll have them re-stocked. Most of these companies, like rago, dropship directly from odyssey, they dont actually carry stock themselves.
Yeah I figured they don’t hold a stock of them. Sucks they have no idea when they’ll have more in stock lol. Hopefully soon they’ll have some. I don’t want to have to cancel my order and get a different battery

ordering is the easy part. getting parts during Covid from some of these manufactures, is another story. I am almost at 90 days , today, and still dont even have an ETA, from Bilstein, for my 6112 front coilovers

ordering is the easy part. getting parts during Covid from some of these manufactures, is another story. I am almost at 90 days , today, and still dont even have an ETA, from Bilstein, for my 6112 front coilovers
King shocks are 6-8 months too...i waited 4 months for my OVS 270 awning. The whole industry is a bit slow right now and trying to catch back up

Deaver stage 1 leafs showed up, as well as some blacked out sequential turn signals from runnin4tacos. I find myself needing to do little mods to hold myself over until I can do the big ones lol. Really just waiting on the fox shocks and some rear brake lines at this point. Also got my air tool bag from blue ridge overland gear so I can keep my power tank stuff more organized. I bought their tool bag as well and that should be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• D6CFCE3C-E791-4FA9-BD9C-518204A83013.jpeg
    D6CFCE3C-E791-4FA9-BD9C-518204A83013.jpeg
    576.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 0D456E07-934D-40B1-986C-1455F4C026B1.jpeg
    0D456E07-934D-40B1-986C-1455F4C026B1.jpeg
    622.2 KB · Views: 148
  • C3A7840D-ECF3-418C-8C72-C729F998BE04.jpeg
    C3A7840D-ECF3-418C-8C72-C729F998BE04.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 33AF2301-9401-4433-8110-A3ABD72ADC60.jpeg
    33AF2301-9401-4433-8110-A3ABD72ADC60.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3543.MOV
    4.7 MB
Deaver stage 1 leafs showed up, as well as some blacked out sequential turn signals from runnin4tacos. I find myself needing to do little mods to hold myself over until I can do the big ones lol. Really just waiting on the fox shocks and some rear brake lines at this point. Also got my air tool bag from blue ridge overland gear so I can keep my power tank stuff more organized. I bought their tool bag as well and that should be here tomorrow.
how long of a wait if Fox running

how long of a wait if Fox running
Well when I talked to accutune over email and the phone they said they will be getting some fronts and rears in February. I put a deposit down on some so hopefully shouldn’t be more than a week or two for them to tune them and ship them out to me

Well when I talked to accutune over email and the phone they said they will be getting some fronts and rears in February. I put a deposit down on some so hopefully shouldn’t be more than a week or two for them to tune them and ship them out to me
Im at 12 weeks now on my Bilsteins, I have heard Fox, and king running 6 months on some products

Im at 12 weeks now on my Bilsteins, I have heard Fox, and king running 6 months on some products
Yeah on some but maybe not all 🤷🏼‍♂️ I specifically order the fox extended travel coilovers with dsc adjusters and the 12” rear shocks for the archive shock relocation. I’m sure most people aren’t order the rears I did

Just got this email about the odyssey group 35 @New Holland Overland
oooofffff yup! lol, not waiting 3 months. gah that stinks

I went ahead and ordered an odyssey group 34 off amazon, should arrive monday (like in 4 days). Its a little larger than the group 35, but ill make it work.

oooofffff yup! lol, not waiting 3 months. gah that stinks

I went ahead and ordered an odyssey group 34 off amazon, should arrive monday (like in 4 days). Its a little larger than the group 35, but ill make it work.
Yeah I would go group 34 I just don’t know if it will fit the off grid engineering dual battery split kit that I eventually want to get

Yeah I would go group 34 I just don’t know if it will fit the off grid engineering dual battery split kit that I eventually want to get
Ill let you know next week since thats the kit I run (Off-Grid Engineering, One battery on the passenger side, one on the driver).

The fox coilovers from accutune came in today 😍. I got my rear brake lines as well. Just need my rear shocks now. That didn’t even take a month from the time I ordered to get these lol. Also super fast shipping

Attachments

• 75106BF8-C30C-45C1-A0F1-2E7AB77F9DF7.jpeg
    75106BF8-C30C-45C1-A0F1-2E7AB77F9DF7.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 112
Back