• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MBRP catback exhaust installed and tested

yes sir. it's 206 right now... $207.34 https://amzn.to/2IVwHNF

prices keep changing

Hmmm... for less than $200 you say... interesting:unsure:

Good to hear. I have a theory since it has 13 inches longer of pipe it helps mellow out the tone too.

I put the MBRP on my DCLB a little over a month ago. I was instantly pleased, and wouldn't change a thing after about 1k miles on the exhaust its perfect (in my opinion).

Happy Taco Tuesday everyone!

Check out my latest YouTube video vlog installing an MBRP catback.

Nice nice u have the mbrp turn down cuts in front of the axleill post a pic

Mrbp or trd seem to be the two go to exhausts. My magnaflow with turndown was way too noisy i ditched it after a week

I used to read and hear magnaflow of being a quieter deeper sounding exhaust (personal experience) but they made it loud on the taco.

Then I thought the mbrp would be ridiculously loud but it's not.

Mrbp or trd seem to be the two go to exhausts. My magnaflow with turndown was way too noisy i ditched it after a week

Do you have a sound clip of it

No i do not. Honestly i think it had a lot to do with me cutting off exhaust under rear seats it was so damn loud inside and not as loud outside. But id rather have a chopped tailpipe then exhaust

My MBRP will be arriving tomorrow. I decided to take a chance after seeing @Rob Daman 's video (as well as other on youtube).

I searched for a TRD Pro exhaust but, just didn't feel like spending all that extra money. lol....

I wish I could hear a Black Widow exhaust setup in person.

Let me know what you think?

Side note: TRD Pro owner at my job likes my exhaust. He feels his is too quiet. It just depends on what you're looking for. ✌️

My MBRP will be arriving tomorrow. I decided to take a chance after seeing @Rob Daman 's video (as well as other on youtube).

I searched for a TRD Pro exhaust but, just didn't feel like spending all that extra money. lol....

I wish I could hear a Black Widow exhaust setup in person.

Let me know what you think?

Side note: TRD Pro owner at my job likes my exhaust. He feels his is too quiet. It just depends on what you're looking for. ✌️

Well I got my exhaust installed.
Holy crap it’s loud. Lol

Maybe I’m just old, or maybe I have get used to it and let it break in.....

I'm not a spring chicken and I it's tolerable for me but I've set a few alarms in the parking garage. lol

You're driving with windows up or down?

Holy crap it’s loud. Lol

I'm not a spring chicken and I it's tolerable for me but I've set a few alarms in the parking garage. lol

You're driving with windows up or down?

I really think it’s just the shock from going from a super quiet to a pronounced exhaust note.

It’s 100 degrees here, so I’ve driven with the windows up and down.
Windows up isn’t bad.
Cruising at 55-60, you don’t even really notice it, which really surprised me.

My kids and wife say it “just sounds like a truck”. Lol

I’m going to leave it on for at least 1k miles and see how I feel about it.

Sounds like you don't have drone at cruising speed so that's the biggest thing that drives me mad.

Now you have a "truck" lol

I really think it’s just the shock from going from a super quiet to a pronounced exhaust note.

It’s 100 degrees here, so I’ve driven with the windows up and down.
Windows up isn’t bad.
Cruising at 55-60, you don’t even really notice it, which really surprised me.

My kids and wife say it “just sounds like a truck”. Lol

I’m going to leave it on for at least 1k miles and see how I feel about it.

Holy crap it’s loud. Lol

You mind taking a video of yours?

How much more expensive is the TRD one?

MPG GAINS - First I swabbed out the standard air filter with a k&n performance filter for $60 here on amazon to increase the air intake. This is supposed to increase how much air the engine can take in, therefore breathing easier to provide improved MPG performance. The air filter and exhaust combined have increased my standard daily driving MPG from 19 to 24. This is also as I have adapted to my trucks new power band.
From a review on Amazon. That has to be bullshit, no?

From a review on Amazon. That has to be bullshit, no?

Dude, I call total bullshit on that review. Lol

I (almost) never go back on my word but, I am on this one.
I drove around with the wife and kids for awhile after my last post, with windows down, and now we all agree it has to come off. The honeymoon is over.

Not saying the MBRP is a bad set up but, for a v6....man, it’s just not for me.

I think a TRD Pro exhaust would be much more my style, so it’s back to stock for now.

I drove around with the wife and kids for awhile after my last post, with windows down, and now we all agree it has to come off. The honeymoon is over.

I think a TRD Pro exhaust would be much more my style, so it’s back to stock for now.
I take it you’ll be selling it then? I’m not buying but I’m sure someone here would pretty quick.

sorry to hear of the annulment :eek:

I think you'll be happy with a Pro. See if someone will trade you with their exhaust.

It was definitely a help. I appreciate the effort and time you spend doing your video.

I had the MBRP 3" turn-down high clearance on my '16 DCSB and it sounded great around town, I liked the tone from redlight to redlight and really enjoyed it off-road. However, I found the drone unbearable under load on the highway - towing, hauling, going uphill for long periods, etc. Prolonged periods at certain RPMs were downright painful, especially in conjunction with the AFE intake. Right around 3,500 RPM it got stupid.

Everyone perceives sounds differently but my wife and daughter agreed, the drone from that exhaust was deafening in our truck more often than not.

That's been my feedback for anybody who is interested. Hills...towing...both.

I had the MBRP 3" turn-down high clearance on my '16 DCSB and it sounded great around town, I liked the tone from redlight to redlight and really enjoyed it off-road. However, I found the drone unbearable under load on the highway - towing, hauling, going uphill for long periods, etc. Prolonged periods at certain RPMs were downright painful, especially in conjunction with the AFE intake. Right around 3,500 RPM it got stupid.

Everyone perceives sounds differently but my wife and daughter agreed, the drone from that exhaust was deafening in our truck more often than not.

Back