• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lower windshield weatherstripping messed up

NMBruce

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Has anyone else seen this problem?
The lower windshield weatherstripping is not staying on the windshield. The plastic piece is really easy to move and push down.
I am thinking of using some tape or weatherstripping of some type.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 74
Yes. I was cleaning my windshield once and put my hand on that plastic piece. Part of the weather stripping ended up under the windshield. I was able to finesse the weather stripping back in to place using a plastic putty knife while gently pressing down on the plastic. Its not 100% back to normal.

Upvote 0
I’d run a small bead of silicon on it to hold it down and seal it a touch. Then next time you go to replace the windshield, have that replaced too

Upvote 0
I’d run a small bead of silicon on it to hold it down and seal it a touch. Then next time you go to replace the windshield, have that replaced too
I could pull the wiper arms and reset this piece

Upvote 0
Also this area collects lots of rubbish too....I live on a coffee farm ..park under a few trees ..the dead leaves piles up ..and does not flies out too.. bad design ..?
Aloha

Upvote 0
Back