• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lord Humongous's home brew deep woods glamper build

So much progress every time I check back in. Looking really good
Thanks man. I feel like it's taking me forever haha. I try to get at least one small project done everyday couple days off.

Little more work getting done. I made some brackets for the 8 foot 270 degree awning and started work on the slides. I have to 2 sets of 56" heavy duty slides that should make for a nice roll out kitchen setup.
20200702_132956.jpg

I figure it would be easier to build these before putting the deck in.

Wow! This is amazing. Looks like I need to take some welding classes. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Man your idea of raising the tent has really got my mind going about building a bed rack with same idea. Ride behind the cab while driving then push it up over cab when setting up. Been pondering that ever since you posted the video, think I’m gonna tackle it soon!

Man your idea of raising the tent has really got my mind going about building a bed rack with same idea. Ride behind the cab while driving then push it up over cab when setting up. Been pondering that ever since you posted the video, think I’m gonna tackle it soon!
It would be fairly simple to integrate to a bed rack. Let me know when you start working on it. I'd love to see it.

Hell ya will definitely keep it posted if I can ever find the time. Definitely want it before fall camping weather. My welds won’t look as good but hey that’s what the grinder is for right?

A little more work.... I've been looking high and low for some pre-fabricated fenders that will work. Everything is either way too small or fenders made for semi trucks which are way too big.

I went ahead and built some rectangle shaped bolt-on fenders that will eventually end up skinned in aluminum DP. I thought about doing 45 degree angles but decided on these since they can double as 40" countertops.

Already too hot this morning so I'll finish up the mounting brackets tomorrow morning.
20200806_112542.jpg
20200806_112551.jpg
20200806_112644.jpg

Once these are finished I'll have just a few loose ends and I can start grinding welds and paint prep....Then decking, skinning, wiring etc etc etc. Camping in 2021 will be awesome lol.

Hell ya will definitely keep it posted if I can ever find the time. Definitely want it before fall camping weather. My welds won’t look as good but hey that’s what the grinder is for right?

Pretty welds don't always matter. Half the time I'm hot, tired and just trying to stick things together while barley looking at what I'm doing. I don't post any of those welds lol.

Let me know if you want part numbers for bushings or close ups of anything. Also start sooner than later. This build is taking me longer than I expected but still worth it and enjoyable. I've just had to come to terms with the fact that there is a ton I don't know. Its allot of working for a couple days then thinking about what to do next for a week or two, repeat cycle.

I got the rear stabilizer/ lift jacks installed today. They are rated at 3k lbs a piece and pipe mount so they can swivel up out of the way like the front jack. I made some brackets out of 3/16 plate so the pressure of the jacks would have more to press against than just the 1/8" outer frame rails.
20200812_131004.jpg
20200812_142408.jpg
20200812_142516.jpg

Surprise trick, turns out the three stabilizer jacks can completely lift the trailer so need for a floor jack when changing tires.
20200812_143541.jpg

Also finished the deck
20200812_143504.jpg

Next up, I plan to build some recovery points for expo cred.
20200812_142233.jpg

Last edited:
Added a couple recovery points t o the rear.
20200813_101758.jpg
20200813_101937.jpg

I was thinking of adding a couple to the front but held off 🤔
20200813_111140.jpg
20200813_111146.jpg

What do you guys think? I didn't like the way they looked and I'm not sure if its even functional since there's obviously a tow point at the front anyway??

20200813_101758.jpg
20200813_101937.jpg

20200813_111140.jpg
20200813_111146.jpg

What do you guys think? I didn't like the way they looked and I'm not sure if its even functional since there's obviously a tow point at the front anyway??
Could still be used as a multi purpose tie down for when the tongue deck is being used and then you'll always have another recovery point as well.

Was hoping you would have more updates on this! I have enjoyed watching it transform.

Quality is 👍💪
I will definitely be back at it soon. The deck is about ready to go on so its taking shape.

I did decide to take a little break from it. I've been putting allot of effort into some promotional and specialty opportunities at work and decided I need to focus on them for a little bit. The trailer is still on my mind everyday!

Last edited:
I will definitely be back at it soon. The deck is about ready to go on so its taking shape.

I did decide to take a little break from it. I've been putting allot of effort into some promotional and specialty opportunities at work and decided I need to focus on them for a little bit. The trailer is still on my mind everyday!

oh I bet. My bed was haunting me whenI wasn’t working on it. Constantly thinking about what to do/ how to do it lol

looking forward to it when you pick it back up!

20200813_101758.jpg
20200813_101937.jpg

20200813_111140.jpg
20200813_111146.jpg

Could be used as a worst case scenario stabilization tie off point if it ever slides sideways into a bad spot. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I don't really see how another recovery point come be a bad thing.

Just another spot to get snagged on.

Could be used as a worst case scenario stabilization tie off point if it ever slides sideways into a bad spot. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I don't really see how another recovery point come be a bad thing.
I went ahead and welded it on. I need to get back on this project. Been busy lately but should be back at it soon.

Great build. I’m always jealous of you guys that can do this stuff since I have zero skills or knowledge at fabrication.

Great build. I’m always jealous of you guys that can do this stuff since I have zero skills or knowledge at fabrication.
Thank you! I'm by no means amazing at fabrication, I just like making!! Start with small projects and build up. Never doubt yourself :cool:.

Hopefully back at the trailer build next week. Been crazy busy working on a Captains promotion and TEMS opportunity at work. So ready so isolate in the garage and get back to building!!

Back