• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lightbar in the bumper / grill: Amber or White?

Amber or White?

• Total voters

midnight20pro

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro
Midnight Black
What are your opinions on this? I have amber BD fog lights so I was going with an amber driving / combo lightbar in the bumper but now I'm debating it. I have astigmatism so glare is an issue at night which is why I was going with mostly amber (amber ditch, fogs, lightbar) but now a friend is highly recommending I go with white for the lightbar. Thoughts?

I voted amber. Astigmatism is enough to make it no contest but also for uniformity.

I figure if it turns out to not provide enough actual usable light I can swap it out for the white version of the bd s8

White

I put the light bar on so I could see farther out, my light bars are on the bumper.

Your front end with those lightbars must make it look like pure daylight out at midnight! Well lit!

Do both. I have a white bar behind the grill but when i get a bumper i'll put an amber bar in that so its as low to the road as it can go.

I have a white Rigid 30" SR that I just installed and I am going to purchase the film to cover it whenever I need to (in snow).
1634585745925.png

I have the BD squadron pro (wide,cornering, amber) and a BD 30ins light bar in the bumper (white).
works outstanding.

Back