• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Light bars

DADZTACO

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Installed a 40” heretic on my prinsu rack and am fairly impressed with it. Looking to get another 20” bar to put behind my Victory slimline bumper. Also looking to do some sort of reverse/camping lights on the back of my
Bed rack (front runner).

Any recommendations on lights is appreciated! Anything to fill some more slots on the spod ?

Installed a 40” heretic on my prinsu rack and am fairly impressed with it. Looking to get another 20” bar to put behind my Victory slimline bumper. Also looking to do some sort of reverse/camping lights on the back of my
Bed rack (front runner).

Any recommendations on lights is appreciated! Anything to fill some more slots on the spod ?
https://www.amazon.com/d/Automotive-Light-Bars/Kawell-10-30V-Waterproof-fishing-Driving/B00NPQV06O going on my prinsu for one on each side and two in the back then Baja s2 got rear facing in the bumper as reverse lights, gonna get diode dynamics for the 20” in my bumper and 40” on the prinsu. Then big rounds in front of my grille with whatever good pods I can find on hood and in bumper

Baja s2 pro on the prinsu mounted with a pair of bed rail light mounts I had kicking around, using a scene lense

Bed rack (front runner).

Hey. For the 20" light bar I recommend using the RIGID SAE 20" Single Row. Since you already have your 40" combo on top the SAE 20" light bar will be the best light option for the slim line bumper. The SAE light bar is the perfect Offroad Flood light bar that is also Street Legal. yes, you can legally run this bar on the dark highways. The beam pattern is amazing. It created a 60 degree spread giving you 4 car lanes of spread on each side of the truck. The 5 degree sharp cut off vertical beams allows you to spread the light on the floor right were you need it without the light lifting onto on coming traffic. Offroading? This is benifital because the beam does not lift "spill" up so you do not get reflection back into your eyes. I run this light and I swear by it. The Rigid logo in the middle lights up seperately. I have it tied to my head lights. It looks badass when on.

The Rear Facing. Go with the RIGID Rear Facing hi/low lights. They come in Amber LED w/Amber Lens or Red LED w/Red Lens. We designed the light with a diffused lens so that traffic behind you can see you clearly in the dust without you blinding them. Way too many people are adding forward projection lights to the rear of the vehicle and just add an amber lens or cover to it. I do not recommend blinding the people behind you with a forward project light. The hi/low feature allows you to run low and tie the high into the break light. Letting drivers behind you know when you are breaking.

DM me if you have any questions @richie_at_rigid. Also hit up the dudes above at Battle Born Offroad. They can get you all these lights.

Attachments

• FiqGBQcT.jpeg
    FiqGBQcT.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 141
  • snow 1.jpeg
    snow 1.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 137
Also looking to do some sort of reverse/camping lights on the back of my
Bed rack (front runner).

The RIGID SRM Back up kit is what you need. The kit comes with two SRM Diffused lights. 60 degree spread at 1500 lumen each. The kit comes with a 20ft harness that allows you to plug into a switch but also has a wire for you to connect directly to reverse. So you can manually turn them on or they can automatically come on when reversing. Life time warranty. I run these on my truck and they are more than enough light.

Attachments

• FiqGBQcT.jpeg
    FiqGBQcT.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 138
Hey. For the 20" light bar I recommend using the RIGID SAE 20" Single Row. Since you already have your 40" combo on top the SAE 20" light bar will be the best light option for the slim line bumper. The SAE light bar is the perfect Offroad Flood light bar that is also Street Legal. yes, you can legally run this bar on the dark highways. The beam pattern is amazing. It created a 60 degree spread giving you 4 car lanes of spread on each side of the truck. The 5 degree sharp cut off vertical beams allows you to spread the light on the floor right were you need it without the light lifting onto on coming traffic. Offroading? This is benifital because the beam does not lift "spill" up so you do not get reflection back into your eyes. I run this light and I swear by it. The Rigid logo in the middle lights up seperately. I have it tied to my head lights. It looks badass when on.

The Rear Facing. Go with the RIGID Rear Facing hi/low lights. They come in Amber LED w/Amber Lens or Red LED w/Red Lens. We designed the light with a diffused lens so that traffic behind you can see you clearly in the dust without you blinding them. Way too many people are adding forward projection lights to the rear of the vehicle and just add an amber lens or cover to it. I do not recommend blinding the people behind you with a forward project light. The hi/low feature allows you to run low and tie the high into the break light. Letting drivers behind you know when you are breaking.

DM me if you have any questions @richie_at_rigid. Also hit up the dudes above at Battle Born Offroad. They can get you all these lights.

st 2.jpg

snow 2.jpeg
House Demo 11.jpeg

House Demo 29.jpeg
SAE is NOT street legal
DOT IS street legal

SAE :is a guide for the quality of the product

DOT : test the product to make sure it is fully complied with transportation law and approve for use in all US roads and highways

Last edited:
SAE is NOT street legal

DOT IS street legal

I apologize for not being 100% clear. The RIGID SAE/DOT lighting is compliant for all 50 states, although many states have a law that only 4 lights can be used on highway. two head lights and two fog lights. With the addition of the SAE/DOT light bar that would count as the 5th and 6th light. Using more than 4 forward lights on highway may not be legal in your state. Here are the actual lenses of the product. Any questions you are welcome to DM.

I apologize for not being 100% clear. The RIGID SAE/DOT lighting is compliant for all 50 states, although many states have a law that only 4 lights can be used on highway. two head lights and two fog lights. With the addition of the SAE/DOT light bar that would count as the 5th and 6th light. Using more than 4 forward lights on highway may not be legal in your state. Here are the actual lenses of the product. Any questions you are welcome to DM.

No worries it's a confusing topic for people , and especially what is and isn't aloud in your state or province as it does vary regardless if legal or not , I hope I didn't sound rude

No worries it's a confusing topic for people , and especially what is and isn't aloud in your state or province as it does vary regardless if legal or not , I hope I didn't sound rude

Hey no problem. Thanks for bringing it up.

Back