• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Lighting LED light switch panel

Blueblood

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,953
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Instagram
@BJJYOTA
2019 Cement Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Hi guys. I am new here and to everything off-road related. Just got a 2019 Tacoma DCSB TRD OR and planning to get into off-roading with it.

Getting that lift and front bumper with light bar done next month and looking for advise on the light switch panel. Looking at the Cali Raised LED Orem style switch panel. I like the clean look of it. Any positive feedback on it? Can I purchase any switch to go in it?

Newbie needs advice.

Thanks

Jesse Rizo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,068
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
2018 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Hi guys. I am new here and to everything off-road related. Just got a 2019 Tacoma DCSB TRD OR and planning to get into off-roading with it.

Getting that lift and front bumper with light bar done next month and looking for advise on the light switch panel. Looking at the Cali Raised LED Orem style switch panel. I like the clean look of it. Any positive feedback on it? Can I purchase any switch to go in it?

Newbie needs advice.

Thanks
It’s awesome I like it man ?
Second video shows a little more in detail on the wiring process I just like how it looks factory and clean

2BigTaco

5️⃣ Platinum
T3G Member
#2,340
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Instagram
@hi_mynameis_bear
Welcome! If you want to make life even easier with more lights you can invest in Switchpros or an S-pod system. I went with Switchpros SP-9100. Only had to go through the firewall once and now everything wires directly to a buss bar. Then you have one small Bluetooth capable panel to control everything.

9328FBB0-D6F9-426E-94CD-370DF5DC546B.jpeg

AF49AC59-B5FC-4316-B92F-EC06EAED39DC.jpeg

Jesse Rizo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,068
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
2018 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Welcome! If you want to make life even easier with more lights you can invest in Switchpros or an S-pod system. I went with Switchpros SP-9100. Only had to go through the firewall once and now everything wires directly to a buss bar. Then you have one small Bluetooth capable panel to control everything.

That’s as clean as can be lol ? love it

Iowa Taco

4️⃣ Gold
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
2018 Quicksand Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic
I went SP-9100 as well, I don't think people appreciate the Bluetooth capability enough

2BigTaco

5️⃣ Platinum
T3G Member
#2,340
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Instagram
@hi_mynameis_bear
I went SP-9100 as well, I don't think people appreciate the Bluetooth capability enough
Being able to turn lights on from inside your tent when you have to pee in the middle of the night was good enough for me lol

Blueblood

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,953
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Instagram
@BJJYOTA

Did you do this work yourself? Looks super clean

Blueblood

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,953
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Instagram
@BJJYOTA
If anyone plans to do this mod hit me up. More than happy to help.

I may just take you up on that offer in the coming months. I have some MODs being done next week and that will give me an idea of what i plan to do afterwords.

cocodataco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,015
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Instagram
@cocodataco
I too went with the SP9100 after running a few switches to a Cali Raised switch panel. Needed more switches and loved the idea of controlling everything via the app. And with the SDHQ mount it looks super clean inside the truck.

2BigTaco I'd recommend covering the connectors up top. Switch Pros messaged me via Instagram warning me that without any protection and if water were to get in, warranty would be void. I went ahead and got big enough shrink tube and made it water tight.
2508BBE1-E43C-4FA1-9D50-23CE4CD43997.jpeg

2BigTaco

5️⃣ Platinum
T3G Member
#2,340
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Instagram
@hi_mynameis_bear
I too went with the SP9100 after running a few switches to a Cali Raised switch panel. Needed more switches and loved the idea of controlling everything via the app. And with the SDHQ mount it looks super clean inside the truck.

2BigTaco I'd recommend covering the connectors up top. Switch Pros messaged me via Instagram warning me that without any protection and if water were to get in, warranty would be void. I went ahead and got big enough shrink tube and made it water tight.
2508BBE1-E43C-4FA1-9D50-23CE4CD43997.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be sure to do that. I saw a post where a guy made a custom bracket that bolts to the power trays so the sp-9100 sits vertical. Thought that was a good idea.