• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Leaf springs

De$ertKid

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
So I replaced all my shocks with the fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and fox shocks in the rear and the rear end is still a little bumpy and stiff ride I looked at my leaf springs and there pretty flat not really an curve to em do I need to replace them for a better ride?

So I replaced all my shocks with the fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and fox shocks in the rear and the rear end is still a little bumpy and stiff ride I looked at my leaf springs and there pretty flat not really an curve to em do I need to replace them for a better ride?
assuming you are running stock leaf springs? Any weight/gear in the back?

Ya stock springs and no extra added weight I was just wondering cause there flat theres no arch or curve to em could that make it a rough ride?

The factory springs are pretty much flat off the lot. Expecting much in terms of comfort when being pushed is already asking to much of them.

upgrading leaf springs are always a good idea to do when changing out shocks/suspension. leaf spring kit shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars and you already have the truck in the air so its an easy swap. a lot of new lift combo kits are even coming with new leaf springs these days too

Ok sweet and right now my truck is sitting level by replacing it with the Deavers will it lift the rear higher at all?

Back