• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Larger Cupholder for 32oz Bottles

Z Precision

2️⃣ Bronze
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Mods, if this is not allowed please delete!

I have been working on this for over a year, and I am finally ready to share! One of the first things that had me scratching my head about my '21 TRD PRO was the size of the two main cupholders. Like most outdoorsy people, I have several 32oz Nalgene and Hydroflask bottles that I carry daily. Despite the Tacoma having 13 cupholders, as you know, none will fit these 32oz/1L size bottles!

So I have created an injection molded replacement cupholder that fits 32oz bottles like the standard Nalgene, Hydroflask, Camelbak, etc. The first molded samples arrived recently and the fit has been spot-on.

These are injection molded out of the same plastic as the OEM unit. They will fit bottles up to 3-5/8" in diameter. The factory spring-loaded stabilizer still works too. The pictures show a pre-production unit that is smooth finish. The final pieces will be matte finish like OEM.

As of right now I am taking preorders for an estimated delivery in early August, hopefully sooner. Preorder is available on www.tacomacup.com.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Slide2.PNG
    Slide2.PNG
    842.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Slide3.PNG
    Slide3.PNG
    928.1 KB · Views: 195
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 194
Mods, if this is not allowed please delete!
This is allowed, welcome to the forum, and your idea is pretty cool. I use a large bottle like the ones in the photos. It doesn’t fit, but I don’t like having a smaller bottle for water, so I had to go to plan b, this thing:

But to have it look like a normal cup holder and still fit the bigger bottles, that’s awesome!

You should throw in a discount for forum members ;)

The “similar threads” area at the bottom of this thread, suggested this one which you might be interested in:

This is allowed, welcome to the forum, and your idea is pretty cool. I use a large bottle like the ones in the photos. It doesn’t fit, but I don’t like having a smaller bottle for water, so I had to go to plan b, this thing:

But to have it look like a normal cup holder and still fit the bigger bottles, that’s awesome!

You should throw in a discount for forum members ;)

Thank you for allowing this! How about 10% off for Tacoma 3G members? Promo code is TACOMA3G. Valid until 6/25/2022 or until the preorder sells out.

Thank you for allowing this! How about 10% off for Tacoma 3G members? Promo code is TACOMA3G. Valid until 6/25/2022 or until the preorder sells out.
Nice! I gave you a green username with the vendor badge too.

Last edited:
I have one that goes in the standard cup holder and sxpands to fit, but it sucks and broke. I will pre order yours NOW.

You say a Hydroflask will fit? The steel insulated bottles fit in there too?

-M

You say a Hydroflask will fit? The steel insulated bottles fit in there too?

-M
This is what Paige uses for water and it drives me crazy because its always rolling around and being loud.

Will it work for other years,2016, 2017, 2018 2019, &2020?
Price and how can we order?

Will it work for other years,2016, 2017, 2018 2019, &2020?
Price and how can we order?

Click the link everything's on the website the vendor provided

still looking at august shipping for these? very interested to see people's opinions.

still looking at august shipping for these? very interested to see people's opinions.

I am going to give an update on delivery in the next week or so. Its looking more and more like it will be late August or early Sept. I had some trouble with the mold and the parts getting stuck, which caused some delays. But the issue has been resolved and we are ready for production.

I sent a couple of pre-production samples to a few Instagram influencers. @wandertaco, @it.wanna.be and @MilkTeacoma. All of them share stories on IG and you can reach out to them directly for candid feedback if you want. They all had great things to say!

I am going to give an update on delivery in the next week or so. Its looking more and more like it will be late August or early Sept. I had some trouble with the mold and the parts getting stuck, which caused some delays. But the issue has been resolved and we are ready for production.

I sent a couple of pre-production samples to a few Instagram influencers. @wandertaco, @it.wanna.be and @MilkTeacoma. All of them share stories on IG and you can reach out to them directly for candid feedback if you want. They all had great things to say!

Amazing! Thank you

Just came over from the other forum coz someone posted a link to these. They look rad I just ordered one. (y)

These are for the automatic only yeah? Guess I'll just keep using this then

I was able to get it in without un sleeving the e brake. Just seemed like a pain. Anyway, it’s perfect. Well done!

Attachments

• 3D61E675-8D90-4131-9974-A10A2614EE40.jpeg
    3D61E675-8D90-4131-9974-A10A2614EE40.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 70D5AA47-0F14-4792-8F03-77EFF2D1BDB2.jpeg
    70D5AA47-0F14-4792-8F03-77EFF2D1BDB2.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 143
Back