• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JusCampin's '17 DCLB TRD OR Build

JusCampin

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
White
Hello world! This thread will document the build of my 2017 Tacoma DCLB TRD Off-Road. The goal is to have a well equipped vehicle/camper for light to medium trail adventures.

This pic will be kept as current as possible to reflect changes.

20180526_182419.jpg

Current Mods

Exterior
Front Winch Mount - Relentless Fabrication Stingray
Front License Plate Mount for Winch Bumper - Warrior Products 2360
Camper Shell - Tradesman Truck Tops
Relocated Backup Camera - Camera Source CS-TAC-SKLP
Rear Recovery Point - Factor 55 Hitchlink 2.0

Interior
Mobile Phone Mount - Hondo Garage Un-Holey Dash Mount/Perfect Squeeze Phone Mount
Tablet Mount - Hondo Garage Big Squeeze Tablet Mount
Dash Accessory Mount - Expedition Essentials TPAM
Console Organizer - OCD Organizer/Tray

Comms
CB Radio - Cobra 75 WXST
Ham HT - BTech UV-5X3
CB Antenna - Larsen NMO27B
Ham Antenna - Comet SBB-224NMO Tri-Band
Antenna Mounts (front) - Tram 1246B NMO Trunk Lip Mount (2)
Antenna Mounts (rear) - Cali-Raised Bed Accessory Mount (Left and Right)

Lighting
Ditch Lights - Cali-Raised 2x2 20W Osram Pods, Brackets, Wiring Harness and Toyota Style Switch

Gear
Hi-Lift Jack - Hi-Lift X-Treme Jack XT485
Recovery Rope - Bubba Rope 7/8" x 20' 28,600 lbs. capacity
Axe - Estwing E45ASE
Shovel - Bully Tools 92510

Misc
Hi-Lift Jack Mount - Relentless Fabrication
Axe and Shovel Mount - Relentless Fabrication
Bed Header Rail - Toyota PT278-35100-BH
Bed Supports - Total Chaos 48676
Wheel Locks - Gorilla Automotive 73631T (12mm x 1.5)

Deleted Mods
Front Recovery Point - Bullet Proof Fabricating Recovery Shackle Mount
Bed Liner - BedRug Classic Bedliner

Last edited:
Let's see pics of that interior! I'm curious how you've got it all laid out. Adding comms equipment and mounts for a phone or tablet is on my list.

Wow you've got a good thing going. Definitely want to see more pics of your set up. Love it! :cool:(y)

The Expedition Essentials TPAM is the foundation for my Hondo Garage phone and tablet mounts. The tablet can be swiveled for easy use by the driver or passenger. I run the Gaia GPS app on the tablet when hitting the trails.

20180414_160255.jpg

Today, I upgraded the USB plugs to the Blue Sea 4.8A model. I found I needed a little more charging power to my devices.

20180610_153108.jpg

We installed the Relentless Fabrication Stingray this weekend. Next I'll be adding the Baja Designs S8 Driving/Combo light bar into the upper cutout in the bumper. For a winch, I'm going to get the Warn VR10-S. I used a Warrior Products license plate mount to keep things legal. It comes off easily to access the winch fairlead.

20180610_202012.jpg

So... I was planning to order a Warn VR10 winch. It seemed almost perfect for this application. But I continued to look at the full range of Warns lineup and decided to bump up the performance and reliability. Today I ordered a Warn 9.5xp-s. I think we'll become very good friends over the years.

Back