• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

Need some help?
You're welcome to swing by but we have a few sets of hands. Thank you though! We are also going to be installing a rear and front bumper too which may require some extra hands

Get ready for the wait from hell once you pull the trigger.

Having some major mod withdraws on my truck!! @Baja Designs has one of my OnyX bars and is basically upgrading everything on it, so that's awesome!! But now I am thinking that I need to move a rear bumper up on my priority list and finally pull the damn trigger.

In the meantime, I am installing another Switchpro for a friend tomorrow. He's got a slew of @Baja Designs lights that we will be wiring up and will have a pretty bad ass 4Runner when it's all done!

@hellppy you need to get some parts so I can satisfy my mod itch!
We need to mount my Powertank and install my bed stiffeners if that helps! Oh, and I still have my bottle opener to mount too. Damn, I should have brought it all to work to do when I stop by today! :D

Having some major mod withdraws on my truck!! @Baja Designs has one of my OnyX bars and is basically upgrading everything on it, so that's awesome!! But now I am thinking that I need to move a rear bumper up on my priority list and finally pull the damn trigger.

In the meantime, I am installing another Switchpro for a friend tomorrow. He's got a slew of @Baja Designs lights that we will be wiring up and will have a pretty bad ass 4Runner when it's all done!

Hmm should I pull the trigger on 700lb springs? Might need to order some suspension for the ladies 4runner soon too..

We need to mount my Powertank and install my bed stiffeners if that helps! Oh, and I still have my bottle opener to mount too. Damn, I should have brought it all to work to do when I stop by today! :D
This reminds me.. I also had a set of bed stiffeners I haven't installed. Wondering if it's a good idea to install bed stiffeners while the fiber glass shell is mounted.

SDHQ keep the 700s in stock? We'll have to coordinate a good day we can get down there.
They sure do! It's a pretty easy swap that really takes no time at all. When we did Sean's, I think it took a grand total of an hour and a half, most of which was the time it took to drive to SDHQ

They sure do! It's a pretty easy swap that really takes no time at all. When we did Sean's, I think it took a grand total of an hour and a half, most of which was the time it took to drive to SDHQ
Would definitely like to get that tackled before my CO trip next month. Let me know your availability the next few weekends.

What are you installing on the T4R? Post a pic or two after if you don't mind.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

That also reminds me I have a BD chase light to install too :) no shortage of mods here Jerry, I got you covered haha.

That also reminds me I have a BD chase light to install too :) no shortage of mods here Jerry, I got you covered haha.
Dammit Ryan, you haven't done that yet? I am camping Labor Day weekend at an undisclosed location, but we would be able to start knocking these projects out for you...

Just don't be a dick about it, lol, cough cough, like some people.

This reminds me.. I also had a set of bed stiffeners I haven't installed. Wondering if it's a good idea to install bed stiffeners while the fiber glass shell is mounted.
I installed mine while the camper shell was on. Didn't think there was a reason to take it off just for that. Don't know if I needed them but since it was a cheap easy mod, why not!

Excellent! I really appreciate it
No problem buddy! I spoke to Dane today about my OnyX and it's looking like that will be heading back my way soon.

Waiting to hear back from CBI and @Pelfreybilt on bumper lead times then I will be snagging some flush mount S2's for it.

If only I had somewhere to mount a single 10"laser!

Which bumper you going to go with? Dual swing out for the rear? Love the CBI one but no more big mods for me until I replace some of the fun money!

Which bumper you going to go with? Dual swing out for the rear? Love the CBI one but no more big mods for me until I replace some of the fun money!
I personally like the CBI bumper the best but I have sent a few texts to Mike at Pelfrey however have not heard back yet. If I am being totally honest with myself, I just don't see the need for me to run anything other than a standard rear bumper without the swing outs. Since it is not a dedicated camp truck, I see the addition of the swing outs as a hinderance to daily driving. Don't mistake that with me not liking them, because I do and think they serve a very distinct purpose. Just not really necessary for my needs at this point. Still just trying to keep the truck clean, practical and capable.

That is understandable.
I am need of more room for camping/hunting. Getting the spare and jerry cans out of the bed would be great.

That is understandable.
I am need of more room for camping/hunting. Getting the spare and jerry cans out of the bed would be great.
I hear ya man. I have my camping kit pretty consolidated and am planning on adding a CBI Adventure rack eventually to create more room and mounting surfaces for things. Believe me, I do go back and forth on swing outs all the time, part of the reason why I have not pulled the trigger just yet.

I hear ya man. I have my camping kit pretty consolidated and am planning on adding a CBI Adventure rack eventually to create more room and mounting surfaces for things. Believe me, I do go back and forth on swing outs all the time, part of the reason why I have not pulled the trigger just yet.
Swing it out Pluto

whoa!! where you been hiding? Was worried you mighta got deported or something
been busier than shit amigo... been working like a mexican in the backyard and just about ready to assemble a new shed. get a bunch of shit out the garage and wire up a new circuit for the welder so i can get back to work on the truck

Oh but bird hunting season is upon us. and i'm in and out of town for the next 2 months lol

been busier than shit amigo... been working like a mexican in the backyard and just about ready to assemble a new shed. get a bunch of shit out the garage and wire up a new circuit for the welder so i can get back to work on the truck

Oh but bird hunting season is upon us. and i'm in and out of town for the next 2 months lol

Oh right on. Well glad to hear that things are going well. Shit is finally calming down and getting back to normal for me, and getting out camping next weekend. Let's grab a beer or 12 soon...

Back