Jeep Wrangler JL with a V8

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-badlands-sasquatch-2-door-sema-concept-–-first-live-pics-updated-with-specs-mods-list.9009/

Keep your Jeep, I’ll have this.
1605821195326.png

1605821224615.jpeg

It’s cool but buying one already fully built would be boring for me.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I expect this is because enthusiasts like us are only a small portion of the people who buy Tacos. Think about how many you see out on the road as work trucks. On the other hand, Jeeps are not work trucks at all. The only person crazy enough to buy a Jeep is an enthusiast because they are not practical in any way. Again, I say this as a long time Jeep owner. That said, these people who buy Jeeps and never take the tops off...WTF is wrong with them? They are missing the whole point.
About the last part: Long Island, NY is the WORST with that type of Jeep owner. Three options:

1. A rich 17 year old white girl whose parents bought it as her first car
2. A rich while 50 year old Karen that bought it as a status symbol
3. A total bro douche paid to have it fully built

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be shocked if the 4th gen taco more closely resembled the Honda truck.
I did read that the the land cruiser may be re-imaged as a "budget friendly" (what ever that means) dedicated 4x4 to compete with the new bronco and jeep. Might be cool but guessing it would heavily rely on the aftermarket to help it reach its full potential similar to the FJ cruiser.

Not complaining about toyota. They make an awesome product! Just not sure if they have an interest in competing for customers in the overland/4x4 community.
I fear the same for the 4th gen. Taco. I really hope they keep it a truck. Body on frame.

Top Bottom